AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I currently have an old Yamaha HTR receiver and Bose 301 speakers. I have been using them as front end speakers. Now i would like to upgrade and need suggestion on to complete the 5.1 setup. From my research i zeroed on either
Klipsch B20 Synergy speakers + Polk CS10 + Bic America F12
or
Polk Tsi100 + Polk CS10 + Bic America F12.

The receiver am planning to buy is either yamaha 377/477.

Please suggest me the best combination, also is it good to mix and match so many brands?

Also would be good if you can suggest any other combination that goes well with Bose 301.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I don't think anything would blend well with your 301s. I'd probably move those to a bedroom or something for a music setup and start fresh for your 5.1. You mentioned the Klipsch Synergy speakers. At their current closeout prices, you can get the Reference II equivalent for just a little bit more.

Klipsch RB-51 II for fronts and surrounds ($249 per pair):
http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-RB-51...28335454&sr=8-2&keywords=klipsch+synergy+b-20

Klipsch RC-52 II center ($249):
http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Refer...&qid=1428335956&sr=8-1&keywords=klipsch+rc-52

I've never listened to the BIC sub you listed, but it seems to be well regarded for a budget sub. You'd have a pretty killer setup for just under $1000.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. Is Klipsch c-10 a good buy if i go with B20s?
@tsaville: I cannot afford losing the 301s. Planing to use them as front end and complete the setup. I see some deals for B20s around 130 and its a huge difference with Rb-51.

have couple of questions...which one you suggest for the receiver 377 or 477? dont see much difference.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
If you are set on keeping the 301s, the best center channel for you would be another 301. Mismatched surrounds aren't a big issue, but a Frankenstein front sound stage doesn't generally turn out well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts