AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so the 42 " is on order(I cant hardly wait) And I'm trying to figure out what to do for speakers. It will be wall mounted. My first thought was in-wall , but when you walk into the room you will see the edge of the plasma , so I was thinking of doing some on wall but One of my co workers mentioned they might look dinky Such as the bose. I have seen a few bose in the plasma theater picture forum and a Martin Logan set up , In my opinion they look too big Plus I want decent sound I had Martin logans aerius, and cinema before, But I dont want such a directional sound either. or I would go with the script . So you see I know what I dont want, but not quite what i do want. I have worked on many fiberglass projects before So I'm thinking of making some on wall pieces, I also thought of the definitive tech Pro monitor and some how mounting them on the wall . Any ideas would be appreciated

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The room is 15X18, And this is just for movies I do have a separate 2 channel listening system of B&W Bookshelf's and a Jolita Integrated tube amp With a Adcom GCD575 . I did have the Martin Logan set up for my theater But actually I did not like it very much It was too directional , So this time I want good sound Good looks But am willing to compromise sound a little to get cooler looks ,So With that in mind Budget comes in last Although the sky is not the limit I am willing to spend a fair amount on the front stage The rear are magnapans that hang off the wall But they only do an OK job or I would employ them in the front Hopefully I have given enough info for you guys to guide me to the light

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
I am looking into the very same things for my rear speakers and mains in my bedroom/plasma setup. I am currently looking into the Gallos and the B&W but, have not yet decided. I think the B&W's look great and go lower than the Gallos without a sub. Since I prefer not having a sub, it looks like I am leaning towards teh B&W but, noone has any reports on it yet. Let me know and i'll let you know.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Quote:
More importantly, has anyone ever listened to either one of the above listed speakers and if so, how do they sound?
Yes, I auditioned for a friend and posted my comments here http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=116513

The choice is aesthetics vs fidelity. The B&W VM1 look very nice next to a plasma -- like they were designed for that -- but sound "ok", nothing to write home about. The Gallo Due' sounds great, and also have a much different look, nice but second to the B&W. You really need to see them yourself as design is a personal thing, but without doubt they are the leading alternatives for plasma. BTW, I also looked at KEF KHT, they sound great but I don't think they fit the plasma well.

Regards, Michael

·
Registered
937 Posts
Ericbee, sorry, I didn't read your last post
Quote:
I think the B&W's look great and go lower than the Gallos without a sub.
My recollection is the Gallo Due' has a much better low end -- 10-20Hz lower and cleaner as well. They also play much louder.

Michael

·
Registered
26 Posts
How about the Nakamichi Soundspace 12?

I think it has that futuristic, high-tech look that will compliment any plasma display...

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I have the regular gallos as center for my plasma... they sound fine, but after seeing the new VM-1, I think I am going to give one a try as a center speaker. (I need minimum height center, at 4.9" the B&W is just fine.)

The gallos will go on to surround.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.