AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have given up on getting a receiver with component video upcoversion for my budget plus speakers.

My budget is probably around $1900 US ($3000 accounting for taxes etc)

So am I better off

a. Keeping my pioneer 5.1 vsx711g and investing $3000 (aussie dollar) in speakers (I have Sony's, dont laugh).

b. Or am I better off investing in an affordable 6.1 system for $1000 (aussie dollar) and $2000 in speakers (aussie dollar).

Its interesting, Im sure with the option a. I will get a sweet sounding system, but with option b. I get the benefits of an extra channel, and still an on sounding system which is better than my current setup.

The main aim is sound clarity and definition in a HT environment.

Any suggestions or setups?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Xcited1
would I be missing a lot of HT action without the 6.1?
NOT YET. At least not in R1 for dvds. There have been very limited 6.1 releases to date. *shrug*

·
Registered
383 Posts
There are fewer than 100 DVD titles out there with 6.1 enhancement. You already got 5.1, that's all you need for 99.9% of your viewing. Get the best speakers that you can afford, and worry about the receiver upgrade when you can afford it. The thing about home theater receivers is that you can always get a better one for cheaper tomorrow. Speakers aren't upgraded and changed nearly as often, so there's more a bit more futureproofing by investing in better speakers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.