AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so we are builing our first home. We will have a whole home prewired for sound. At first we decided to use Yamaha IC600 as the ceiling speakers and RC85i as the wall speakers. After speaking with HTD, they recommeded some of their speakers for us to use. They seem to be reasonable priced, but i do not know how they sound. I am planning on going to their showroom in a month or so to check them out (5 hours away). Are there any recommendation on what to use for inwall speakers? Trying to keep it around 150-200. We will need like 6 pairs.

what are some popular speakers that everyone is using?

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Here is one of dozens of threads on that topic:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/36-home-v-distribution/#/forumsite/3207/topics/1473032

Search this subforum for "in-ceiling" speaker.

I would recommend 'budget', 'contractor grade' in-ceiling speakers for distributed audio (Monoprice, HTD, Proficient, many others), and splurge as much as you feel comfortable with for the TV in-wall or on-wall L-C-R speakers.

I'm partial to the narrow bezel look, myself - no trim ring around the edge.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I just ordered the Yamaha NSIC800WH for $145 as a pair. They are rimless and are supposed to sound very nice (for in ceiling speakers :rolleyes:)
No need to eye roll at the capabilities of in-ceiling speakers as a whole. If you ever get the chance to listen to Triad monitors, Monitor Audio IDC, Sonance VP68, etc. they are fantastic speakers. True their location overhead is pretty limiting, but the speakers themselves can sound pretty fantastic, though at a relatively high price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried the IC600, and assume that the IC800 would sound very similar. IC600 does have nice sound, it does have a good balance. We went to best buy to listen to some of the speakercraft that they have, and I think my wife really enjoy the speakercraft AIM7 two. I found them on Amazon for 115 each.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts