AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago I special ordered a Sony Bravia KDL46z4100 from Circuit City becuase the store I went to was Out of Stock. They told me it would take up to two weeks for it to come in. It's now been two weeks, and they are telling me they have no idea when it will come. Actually, they just told me it would be another two weeks!

It sounds like Sony underproduced, and under forecasted their sales. Does anyone else have a special order for a Sony @ CC. I got a really good deal on the TV bundled with a Blue Ray player so I don't want to return it. I have no problem waiting, I just don't want to wait forever.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
I understand that you got a good deal, but I would check out the Samsung 46A650, 46A750, or 46A850 as another option.

Chris

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I don't think the little lady would go for spending anymore than we already did. I'm getting the TV and the Blue Ray for less than any of the Samsung advertised prices.

·
Registered
41 Posts
When I purchased my Sony XBR6 I had to "order it" as well. You are not really ordering it but actually waiting for them to get normal stock in. In my case it took 3 weeks. It was like that at both my local best buys and circuit city's. I "special ordered" one from each store, circuit city got it first so I just canceled my order at best buy. Find out what day they get stock in and just call them each week on that day until it comes in. My guess is it will be there in the next week or two at most.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I special ordered an 850 from CC about 3.5 weeks ago and I just got it yesterday. The store is still out of stock, so it seems like they just order enough for the special orders.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Why not call the CC online website and let them do the inventory search within your area to see who has it in stock? Or maybe just order from their website?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamE55 /forum/post/15512189

Why not call the CC online website and let them do the inventory search within your area to see who has it in stock? Or maybe just order from their website?

I can see inventory online, no one has the TV. They did a horrible of forecasting sales. I have spent the better part of last week calling stores to see if anyone can give me better answers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragHD /forum/post/15511968

When I purchased my Sony XBR6 I had to "order it" as well. You are not really ordering it but actually waiting for them to get normal stock in. In my case it took 3 weeks. It was like that at both my local best buys and circuit city's. I "special ordered" one from each store, circuit city got it first so I just canceled my order at best buy. Find out what day they get stock in and just call them each week on that day until it comes in. My guess is it will be there in the next week or two at most.

Thanks for the info. However, I talked to a buddy who used to work for CC and he said that Special Orders are actually ordered in our name. Not sure how you got conflicting intel. Either way, thanks for letting me know I appreciate it. Hopefully it comes in soon!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah I heard that deal was nuts. We had a customer try to price match the deal at Sears and i was like, "Pfffftttt.... NO. Are you serious?"

·
Registered
115 Posts
I wouldnt be comfortable with buying anything from CC, they are in deep trouble, who knows how long they will be around. They have already closed all the stores in atlanta.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sony may not be giving them any more merchandise. CC owes them sixty million dollars.

Link

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sorry for the double post but I just found this thread in the xbox section

link

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennhunter /forum/post/15515332

Sony may not be giving them any more merchandise. CC owes them sixty million dollars.

Link

This is no secret. In theory, because they filed for bankruptcy, they should be out of debt with their vendors. I'm not saying they won't go under eventually, but I think their restructuring with take them further than people think.

·
Registered
115 Posts
They have been restructuring since 2005, and they have been sinking deeper and deeper. They did hold out a lot longer than most people thought. pretty soon they will start losing vendors, same thing happened to Tweeter.

·
Registered
866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabbas01 /forum/post/15514994

I wouldnt be comfortable with buying anything from CC, they are in deep trouble, who knows how long they will be around. They have already closed all the stores in atlanta.

You would still have the manufacturer warrany and unless they closed within 30 days you would still be able to return tv to circuit city if there was a problem.

I like circuit city and try to do anything I can to support them. They still have a couple of stores in my city. They have always had a good return policy unlike the hhgregg and best buy stores in my area.

·
Registered
180 Posts
It looks like they are closing next Friday, based on the post in the xbox forums from an employee. Maybe they will just start their going out of business sales after Friday.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd suggest checking online to see if the TV is available for delivery in your area. The warehouses used for online delivery are also the ones that your tv will be coming from for your special order. I was waiting for the same deal, mine just came in this week.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace7m /forum/post/15518775

I'd suggest checking online to see if the TV is available for delivery in your area. The warehouses used for online delivery are also the ones that your tv will be coming from for your special order. I was waiting for the same deal, mine just came in this week.

How long did you wait?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwwong /forum/post/15511872

I'm getting the TV and the Blue Ray for less than any of the Samsung advertised prices.

Somehow, I doubt it.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts