AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if the quotes at psaudio.com are to be believed, adding one of their power conditioners to your setup can perform magical feats of sound quality/video quality/everything improvements. How are what they sell different from the $100 UPS I can get from anywhere else?

·
Registered
896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizam /forum/post/14203098

So if the quotes at psaudio.com are to be believed, adding one of their power conditioners to your setup can perform magical feats of sound quality/video quality/everything improvements. How are what they sell different from the $100 UPS I can get from anywhere else?

I don't know about that brand specifically, but I do know that nice power conditioners come with better filtering and more layers of protection for your stuff. A good votage regulator can save you a lot of problems if you live in a place like Savannah where there's lots of brownouts during hurrican season. Will it perform magic? Well, if you have really dirty residential power that's causing you problems it might seem that way.

All a UPS will do is provide you with some power for a certain amount of time plus maybe surge protection.

I guess it all depends on what you think your problems are.

Frank

1 - 2 of 2 Posts