AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok everyone, I need some help with choosing an audio player. I have a few requirements though:

1. No Winamp (this is my last choice if I can't find anything better)

2. Has lots of keyboard shortcuts for the functions of the player or has remote control support (play, stop, fast forward, rewind,skip, random, repeat)

3. Fast loading and not a resource hog like WMP

4. Free or shareware that is not totally disabled when the trial runs out, although if I like it enough, I will buy it

5. I only want a PLAYER, not burning and all the other features (which means no media jukebox)

6. DSP is not important as good speakers (Klipsch Promedia 4.1) don't require one

7. Visualization Plugins aren't important although I would like a player with them.

8. I would like a player that doesn't update too often, and preferablly plays videos and music ( doesn't have to)

It may seem like these requirements are going towards winamp, but for some reason I don't like winamp. There must be another player that has these features. (Looking at zoom player, but feel free to mention anymore)

Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Coolplayer is an excellent audio player. It implements one of the better mp3 decoders, MAD, has mp3, wav, and ogg support, and is very resource-friendly. I think it meets all requirements except 7 (pretty sure there are no visualization plugins) and 8 (no video, only music). Try version 2.03 at Sourceforge.net .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.