AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Specific DVD player for a 4805 & Sanyo Z3

348 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Ja Phule 
#1 ·
I have a Sanyo z3 and a 4805. My existing progressive scan pioneer just died I’m looking to replace it with a nice up scaling dvd player. Is there any specific ones anyone would recommend for the 4805 or z3 ? I plan on buying one for each hence me asking if anyone recommends one for one pj and another for the other. If not whats hot out there right now ?

#2 ·
What price range are you looking at? Also try the DVD Player forum.

#3 ·
Under $250. The reason I asked here instead of the dvd section was because I knew the answers would be more subjective to the projectors here. I've heard to go cheap with the 4805 because of the built in de-interlacer is this correct ? Also I hear native 720p dvd players being thrown around, I assume it would be wastefull for the 4805 but the Z3 would benefit being 720p native. Am I going about this correctly ?

#4 ·
Sounds right.

An upconverting dvd player with the 4805 might give a perceived better picture (smoother) but at the same time takes away some detail. Getting an inexpensive player that can pass blacker than black should work well with the 4805 like the Toshiba 3960 (older version, not new) or sony 575 (what I use with my 4805). You just need to send the 4805 an interlaced (480i) signal and let the internal faroudja processor in the 4805 take care of the rest.

For an upconverting player you'd probably want to look into getting one with a faroudja chip or silicon image chip. The top rated dvd players use those chips. See this site.
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...on-9-2000.html

The panasonis s97 and sony 975 seem popular right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.