AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need 2 front speakers that will fit on my new TV stand and fit between the walls and the stand. They need to be no more than 6" wide but can be as tall as 36".

Anyone know of such a size front speaker?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorCAD /forum/post/15458367

I need 2 front speakers that will fit on my new TV stand and fit between the walls and the stand. They need to be no more than 6" wide but can be as tall as 36".

Anyone know of such a size front speaker?

Thanks

I'm having trouble following....Do they have to fit ON the TV stand, or BETWEEN the TV stand and walls? Also, is the depth of the speaker an issue?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They will sit on the base of the TV stand and beside the hutch (hutch is narrower than the base by about 3"). The entire stand sits between the wall and another bookcase. There is just about 12" between the wall, bookshelf and the TV hutch.

Right now I have my center channel on the shelf above the TV and the 2 front speakers on top of the hutch, but that puts the 2 fronts about a foot above the center and about 3 feet above the center of the TV screen. It makes the sound seem to come from behind the TV instead of "from" the TV.

Depth is of no matter.

Understand?

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Monitor Audio R250?

·
Registered
685 Posts
how about using center channel speakers upright? what do you have for a center channel right now as they should be matched?

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Also Paradigm Cinema 220.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7874 /forum/post/15458547

Also Paradigm Cinema 220.

I was gonna recommend these as well. I think there are a few models in this line that would fit the specified size limit.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm a low-dollar kind of guy when it comes to TV speakers, I have a Polk 404 subwoofer and (up until I bought the new TV stand) used my Cerwin-Vega Hard Rockers as my front speakers.

Both of the suggestions are nice, I would lean more towards the Paradigm, but I would like to have a flat bottom on them.

I'll keep looking...

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
There are stands available for the Paradigms so they stand like a floorstander, but they have to be bought separately, and I think you can only get them through Paradigm. I wouldn't count on finding any cheap aftermarket knockoffs.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Speakers under 6" wide with a range of quality and prices:

Role Audio Skiff

Role Audio Kayak

Aperion 622LR

era D3

era D4

Silverline Minuet

NHT Zero

Energy C-50

Elac 310.2 Jet

Dana 630

Dali Ikon 1

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I may have changed my mind on this one...

I was looking at a sound bar type of left-center-right system.

Any fair ones out there?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorCAD /forum/post/15462450

I may have changed my mind on this one...

I was looking at a sound bar type of left-center-right system.

Any fair ones out there?

I've read some pretty good things about this one from Mirage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts