AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fist of all, I'm not quite sure where this question belongs, so I'm sorry if this is out of place.

Basically my buddy is finally going to play Fallout 3 after much prodding from myself, and at times I wanted to watch him play, but he lives a great distance from me. I wanted to watch while in a party chat so I could talk to him about the game etc. I'm not sure what the best method of doing this is.

I have only thought of 2 options, neither of which I know exactly how to perform, so I was hoping for some advice on what the best option is, as well as how to perform it. Firstly, I thought of using his dv camera to stream video as though it were a web cam. Secondly I thought there must be some way to directly stream video from his tv to his computer and over the web. I'm not sure, anyways, I would appreciate any advice, thank you.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
capture card or webcam or cell phone

in order from best quality to worst quality

in order from highest cost to lowest cost (assuming you have a supported cell for quik)

in order from hardest to set up correctly/ease of use to easiest.

·
Registered
876 Posts
if your camera allows for it, it will usually involve just plugging it into the pc. it may be a cable with one end being a camera manufacturer specific plug, but the other end usually being a usb connector.

once connected it will either a) work or b) require some driver download. usually check with your camera manufacturers' website for these drivers.

all this is just to make the pc recognize the camera. most likely any chat program you use will be able to use the camera as a webcam only after the proper drivers are there.

justin.tv is another video chat site.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
i'd just buy "you're in the movies" it can be had for $10 (if anyone still carries it) and comes with the 360 cam that can be used easily with a pc.

·
Registered
876 Posts
^i'd just buy the dude a strategy guide.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, it's not because he needs help, sometimes we don't really have anything we want to play together at the moment, and I've been anticipating him playing it. He's been putting it off for games like Red Faction and Ghostbusters

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Face /forum/post/18236234

if your camera allows for it, it will usually involve just plugging it into the pc. it may be a cable with one end being a camera manufacturer specific plug, but the other end usually being a usb connector.

once connected it will either a) work or b) require some driver download. usually check with your camera manufacturers' website for these drivers.

all this is just to make the pc recognize the camera. most likely any chat program you use will be able to use the camera as a webcam only after the proper drivers are there.

justin.tv is another video chat site.

I'm sorry to bring this back up, but what do you mean it will just work? You plug it in, start recording? Then what? Sorry, I'm not big into dv cameras or webcams.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts