AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm looking into buying an LCD currently and I came across a deal on futureshop.ca where a Protron 37" LCD was on for $899.99 Canadian. Now I know Protron's old models were lacking, but, now they've changed their name to SpectronIQ and the specs are quite different as is the look. I was just wondering if anyone has had any opinions, or experiences with the Protron 37" LCD put out by SpectronIQ and if this is a good value? Thanks all.

·
Registered
39 Posts
In all honesty I wouldn't touch that brand with a ten foot pole. Do you realise they left millions of people who bought there previous (Protron) TV's holding the bag, with NO service, No Replacement parts ect. Is that a company you would trust with Mucho dollars? If you are looking for a GOOD off brand try Olevia, I have two and they are great.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm also wondering about this brand. They've apparenly sold "hundreds of thousands" of models under the old Protron name, yet it's remarkably difficult to find more than a handful of threads at avsforum.com (and elsewhere) on their televisions.

Anyone?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.