AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Spider-Man-Homecoming-Adds-Supporting-Character-Creating-Possible-Conflict-135387.html

One of the more "interesting" tidbits came from this commenter below the story, I thought:

Peter Parker is a high school kid not a middle schooler. Jeez, Disney is turning this into a friggin episode of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody

and (excuse this "gentleman's" choice of words and implementation of grammar):

Really, this is the conflict, Spidertwat: homecoming is turning into a Disney Channel home viewing special with a cast of the nearest middle school students and this particular character is the conflict? Marvel must of thought since spiderman is just usually cringy asf and says ****ty one liners naturally, they had to find a way to make his movie even ****tier with what looks like high school Musical 2.0

Just kys marvel

And anyone else having second thoughts about Keaton being the villain in this as Vulture? At least it's a Spidey adversary we haven't seen before on the big screen...but I don't know how he would work. Of course, I was one of the group who thought he totally worked as Wayne in Tim Burton's Batman, so...

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
When you read comic books as a kid, you tend to idealize these characters and see them older than they really are. 14 year old is the perfect age to portray the "high school kid". Besides Tom Holland is 20, it's him who's getting actually a little too old to play a high school kid...

What I find surprising is that if they're supposed to be best friends, why the 6 years difference?

As for Keaton, I don't see why having portrayed Batman more than 25 years ago should prevent him from being a good villain. He's a great actor that's all that matters. It's not like he has "good guy" or "hero" stamped on his forehead.

·
Banned
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I'm not saying that because he played Wayne/Batman he shouldn't be considered as the villain; was just making an observation...:D ;)

·
Premium Member
23,433 Posts
Got out tickets booked for this Friday. Cant wait !!

·
Premium Member
23,433 Posts
"Spider-Man: Homecoming" News...

Just finished watching it, fantastic !! Definitely will be picking this up. Keaton is fantastic

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I thought Keaton was great in the ROBOCOP remake. (ducks from flying blackboard erasers)

·
Registered
7,647 Posts
I thought Keaton was great in the ROBOCOP remake. (ducks from flying blackboard erasers)
He was, Keaton seems to have a knack for playing rational intelligent bad guys, and for a guy who started out as funny has turned into a decent dramatic actor.

·
Registered
11,749 Posts
He was, Keaton seems to have a knack for playing rational intelligent bad guys, and for a guy who started out as funny has turned into a decent dramatic actor.
I'm not sure there is a big difference there. If you watch him in Beetlejuice, at first glance he's funny alright, but when you break it down you can see how ridiculously hard that role must have been and he just killed it. It just happened to be a "funny" role.

Not really arguing with you, sorry if it comes out that way.

·
Registered
7,647 Posts
I'm not sure there is a big difference there. If you watch him in Beetlejuice, at first glance he's funny alright, but when you break it down you can see how ridiculously hard that role must have been and he just killed it. It just happened to be a "funny" role.

Not really arguing with you, sorry if it comes out that way.
I get where you're coming from, I was thinking more the contrast from 'Night Shift' and 'Mr. Mom' to 'Birdman' and 'The Founder'. And of course under the cowl as Batman, not so much as Bruce Wayne. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts