AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Sony A90J panel; Marantz SR7015 AVR; Paradigm Signature speakers; Oppo 203 and Panasonic 820 UHD BR.
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to get in the thumbs-down...some cool scenes regarding scaling those walls...some of the explosions were pretty good...but the character development was weak IMHO...I found myself not really caring about the characters (well, maybe his Aunt drew some sympathy, I guess).

On the film quality, we hear how "film" is held up as the reference standard for HDTV (i.e. "oooh, that HD looks as good as film"). Well I watched Spiderman pretty critically for sharpness/definition, and it looked like very average 480i to these eyes. Put it this way, if you bought an HDTV and the picture looked that grainy, you'd be bringing it back to Wal-Mart, wanting your money back.

Hey- I thought at least the heroine (sp?...girlfriend) would at least look pretty "hot"...even she was "OK"...like the movie).

One parting shot...don't take your young kids...it is fairly intense. :eek:

·
Registered
429 Posts
One thumbs up and one thumbs down thread for Spidey? Well, I guess at $41 million per day, it's worth two threads. I took my 8-year-old boy, and the only part he covered his eyes for was when the spider was about to bite Peter Parker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.