AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
My son used to watch TinTin when he was small, and as his dad, I was 'forced' to enjoy them with him at times. I always thought they were pretty well done, and I enjoyed them as well. I would be a bit nervous about how Spielberg might change them from the comics/cartoons. I can't picture these stories in some actor/CG picture like a Sky Captain or some such thing. It would spoil it for me.

·
Registered
581 Posts
In preparation for this movie, I've been forcing myself to read through all of the Tintin books. So far, I've read TINTIN IN THE LAND OF SOVIETS, TINTIN IN THE CONGO, and TINTIN IN AMERICA. Boy, are they terrible.

I know the whole "written for children" argument, but these things read as if they were written by children. And talk about racist!

All that being said, these are the first three books, and they've gotten progressively better. The movie is based on books 12 and 13 or something like that. So maybe by that point they start getting good? I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Tintin was written eons ago where those things in the book weren't considered as racist.

We have to look at the historical (when it was written) context before saying something to be racist or otherwise.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.