AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be kind I am not an audio file ...just an old musician who likes music
I have a large room..22’x30’ deep.. open concept.. living kitchen
i have 2 set of speakers .My Spika tc50. = love the soundstage for music.. would love to use
them in a surround sound set up with a center and a sub and go from 2 channel for music to surround for movies ect
i usually use my Creek 4140 for the spika but connected to my Yamaha V863 you lose something
is there a receiver that will let the spikas sing and give me the best of both worlds?

gear I have..spika tc50
Boston acoustic pv1000 sub
“. “. VRM 90
“. “. Center
Elac. 1010
Yamaha. 863.......692. Ect
thanks for your expertise and help
Peter

·
Registered
347 Posts
What sort of money are you looking at spending on a decent AVR? They start from a few hundred dollars, and go up from there. Creek used to make some pretty serious gear, but they seem to have slipped in recent years. Please be aware, if you are looking for that sort of quality, you may need to spend some decent money. I'm sure others will be able to give you some advice as well, especially if you can give them a price range for the gear you are looking for. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What sort of money are you looking at spending on a decent AVR? They start from a few hundred dollars, and go up from there. Creek used to make some pretty serious gear, but they seem to have slipped in recent years. Please be aware, if you are looking for that sort of quality, you may need to spend some decent money. I'm sure others will be able to give you some advice as well, especially if you can give them a price range for the gear you are looking for. Good luck.
The creek still works great....would like to do 2 channel with the creek spika ...and have a receiver switchper to use the spika speakers with a center channel and a sub for surround sound for TVs and movies ..best of both worlds..
💰💰💰 like to spend only what’s needed to get the job done ...
also lIke to get an 85” tv deciding on OLED vs 2021 sony x95J

·
Registered
347 Posts
To use the same set of speakers, with two amplifiers, you'll need some sort of speaker cable splitter box. You can look these up on Amazon, etc. As for AVRs, you can have a look at Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Harmon Kardon, NAD, Arcam, etc. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To use the same set of speakers, with two amplifiers, you'll need some sort of speaker cable splitter box. You can look these up on Amazon, etc. As for AVRs, you can have a look at Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Harmon Kardon, NAD, Arcam, etc. Good luck.
Thanks 📀

·
Premium Member
24,823 Posts
To use the same set of speakers, with two amplifiers, you'll need some sort of speaker cable splitter box.
Or just a double-pole switch.

I had TC-50's and loved them, but not sure they're up to the demands of HT duty, unless you're going to sit pretty close and keep volume moderate.

I'd advise the highest XO you can stand to preserve the woofer.

More concerning is the tweeter, which IIRC has a rather low XO and only a 1st-order HP filter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts