AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"SPIN-X" brand discs- ANY GOOD?/ALSO-How are the Pana. DMR-E100 and Sony RDR-GX7?

On the subject of disc quality-

Has anyone used "Spin-X" brand DVD-R's (made in India). I purchased them recently at office max and was curious about the quality and reliability. I am using a Panasonic DMR-E100 and a Sony RDR-GX7.

ANY responses from ANYONE who has used these discs would be greatly appreciated!

ALSO- Any comments on the DMR-E100 and/or the Sony RDR-GX7 would be greatly appreciated! I purchased both recently and I am very curious about the quality and reliability of these two units.

THANKS VERY MUCH!!

:)

· Registered
13,437 Posts
After 4 tries at posting this same note to start a thread, you might want to take the hint and give up.

· Registered
3,700 Posts
Why do you ask about quality and reliability AFTER you've bought the product? You should be telling US about them. LOL.

· Banned
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vferrari-(also a word to the wise for others checking this out)

Try to be slightly open-minded!

Sometimes an item has potential and is inexpensive. You might also have the option of returning it. So, you buy it (in small quantity, perhaps) to test it out. Is there any real harm in doing this and maybe asking for other opinions at this point?

Last I checked, this was a Q and A forum. What's up?

If you have no opinion, move on!

A little common sense goes a long way!

· Registered
3,700 Posts
I'm asking YOU to tell US how YOU like the products YOU'VE bought. Care How are the discs working out? Comparisons between the two different recorders WOULD BE NICE. You have a unique opportunity here, why don't you share your experiences with US before you start telling US TO MOVE ON!

I'll tell you that I have a DMR-E10/E20/E30/HS2/E80 and an E100 on the way (the latter two don't suffer from the black level input adjustment error that can make some recording looked washed out). I think the E100 is at a good price point now with the release of the E85/95 and I like the fact that it has firewire and lacks the rather buggy on screen TV guide feature. I like the Panasonic recorders overall because they are reliable. Wish they did DVD-RW (so that you could burn a quick RW disc in Video or VR mode as desired) but I really like the flexibility of DVD-RAM for editing, time slip viewing, and archiving. For VHS to DVD transfer, I have a JVC DR-MV1 deck that writes to DVD-R/RW/RAM and find that it does a great job. I tend to burn DVD-R from edited/authored DVD-RAM masters using my PC and TMPG DVD-Author software. Don't know much about the Sony except that it used to be over priced (good deal now) and that it doesn't burn to DVD+R and has crippled DVD+RW support (doesn't support all DVD+RW playback and editing capabilities) and really wish it had a hard drive.

Never heard of SPIN-X but as far as media is concerned you generally get what you paid for. I had good initial experiences with Vivastar media which was competitively priced a few years back (no longer in business) but now those discs are suffering siginificant read errors and pixellation upon playback in both standalone and PC software DVD players. So buyer beware.

Want more info, do a search on my screen name. Been here a few years and have the scars to prove it with these recorders. The search tool is really useful - YOU SHOULD FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH IT!

Now how about a quid pro quo or YOU can just move on...

Vic

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.