Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dudes/dudettes,

I've been thinking about getting one of these since they came out and now that they've been out for a bit I was curious if all those "I LOVE IT!!!"s still hold after several months.

high-level variables: room is ~5K'^3 (approx 25x25x8) finished basement w/2'^2 tile ceiling and burber carpet, 1/2 for HT and other 1/2 for pool table. I currently have the Polk RM-20 HT set w/which I am generally satisfied except the sub (12" but only 100w and bottom end isn't low enough). WAF isn't too big an issue (though the SPL series could hardly be called unattractive).

now that these things have some miles on them would you (owners) still reccomend them for the $?

need to pull the trigger on something by 2/19 (Daytona 500)

muchos!

·
Registered
497 Posts
That Velodyne is great and based on it's design and equalization can accomodate most any room.

Take into account your room is on the larger side for just one sub, but one should always start w/ one sub and go from there.

I think it would be a good fit.

Be prepared for other subwoofer members to come convert you (SVS, HSU, Axiom, and DIY;).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi,

I have the SPL-1000R in my bedroom (17 x 19 x 12) and I am always surprised at how clearly I can get the LFE during movies and clear but not overwhelming bass with music.

For the price (I got it on clearance from Good Guys during their firesale) I am very happy with it, and considering getting another one (or the 1200) for my home theater set up downstairs. The only thing holding me back is that I won't be able to get the same deal, since GG is now out of business.

J

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks! I've pretty much made up my mind to get it. I'm just hoping the local retailer near my house will send another round of 10% off coupons (they did around this time last year).

it's kind of funny because this time of year most people are scurrying to get HDTVs in time for their SuperBowl parties while I'm worrying about a sub for the Daytona party we've having. can't wait to hear Jimmy fire the #48 Lowe's Chevrolet on that sucker...

"reach up their and pull them belts tight! BOOGITY! BOOGITY! BOOGITY, boys! LET'S GO RACING!" ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.