AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...ormat=2&style=

To connect my Radioshack SPL meter with an RCA cable like the one in the link to the SPDIF out on the computer, would it work this way?

My soundcard has an option to make 'Analog In to S/PDIF Out' which does the following, "Allowing analog input source data pass through SPDIF output." It also lets me select the folowing different components for analog in: mixer, mic, line in, and cd player.

Would it work as a mic cable for the SPL meter so I can use it in REW?

·
Registered
30,819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackyflipside /forum/post/0

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...ormat=2&style=

To connect my Radioshack SPL meter with an RCA cable like the one in the link to the SPDIF out on the computer, would it work this way?

No. You cannot connect a source to an output. It has to connect to an input.

Quote:
Would it work as a mic cable for the SPL meter so I can use it in REW?

If you use the line input on your PC.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you might have missed this part:

My soundcard has an option to make 'Analog In to S/PDIF Out' which does the following, "Allowing analog input source data pass through SPDIF output."

Does that mean that it makes the S/PDIF out an IN for the analog source?

·
Registered
30,819 Posts

Quote:

I think you might have missed this part:

My soundcard has an option to make 'Analog In to S/PDIF Out' which does the following, "Allowing analog input source data pass through SPDIF output."

Does that mean that it makes the S/PDIF out an IN for the analog source?

I didn't miss it. I intentionally deleted it because it is irrelevant. It says that if you feed an analog source to one of the inputs (such as Line), you can get it back out of the S/PDIF. (It is a bit unclear if it is a passive pass-through or if it digitizes the output.) Therefore, it is still an output, not an input.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/0

Any decent RCA-to-1/8" cable. RS has them.

This is the last time I bother you, I promise! I think the plug is the small type of the stereo jacks (3.5mm?)

Where on monorprice can I find a single RCA to whatever size the little audio jack is?

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Don't you need/use a stereo 1/8"-to- dual RCA cable to do this?

Why not just go to your local RS and get one? That way you can return it easily if it doesn't work out.

What I use is a short (maybe 6") male 1/8" stereo to dual female RCA jack "Y" adapter along with a long RCA cable out to the RS meter.

·
Registered
30,819 Posts

Quote:

This is the last time I bother you, I promise! I think the plug is the small type of the stereo jacks (3.5mm?)

Where on monorprice can I find a single RCA to whatever size the little audio jack is?

I don't know offhand but, presumably, you can search as well as I can. OTOH, as another has said, why not go to RS and buy one that fits?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.