AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I'm interested in the single player but the announcement of the separate cooperative campaign made me really excited for this title.

The graphics at times seem amazing and then at other times, like in the linked clip, adequate. Conviction is using its own Engine that evolved from the Engine used for Chaos Theory. We'll have to see what its strengths and weakness are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripeer /forum/post/18138986

And is this the newest duke nuke'm forever?

In what way? It has a set release date so not in the vaporware sense. And Conviction is a dramatic 3rd person stealth action game. Yeah I don't think it's anything like Duke Nukem.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorax /forum/post/18139270

In what way? It has a set release date so not in the vaporware sense. And Conviction is a dramatic 3rd person stealth action game. Yeah I don't think it's anything like Duke Nukem.

In the sense that I've been hearing about this game since xbox 1. And everytime I see more of this game its changed so much.

I also hope they have split screen for co-op.

The other videos such as the co-op one on gaint bomb the game looks quite good and seems to have some sort of colour filter running to highlight bad guys.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man this new video makes the game look like a cross between the movie taken and the game hitman........

I really love the excutions. I have a feeling thats going to be a complete blast

·
Registered
3,346 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey99699 /forum/post/18190074

Was I mistaken or wasn't this supposed to come out today?I was going to buy it but now the release date is in April.

Maybe originally, but it got swithced to April 13th. They delayed it like a month ago right after they did their financial results.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi /forum/post/18190557

Looking forward to this one, I think I skipped the last SC game (maybe 2) but I have really enjoyed what I played of the franchise and have always been impressed with the graphics and gameplay.

If you missed Chaos Theory (two ago) then you missed the best of the franchise, in my opinion.

Splinter Cell was good, Pandora Tomorrow was okay, Chaos Theory was the best, and then Double Agent was okay.

Here's hoping Conviction follows the pattern of odd-numbered releases (which not coincidentally, were all developed by the same studio).

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Anyone else check out the demo yet? It's pretty damn awesome.

It is a little different from past games, but it feels fresher than the series has in a long time as well. In the demo level at least, it was much less sneaking around enemies without them seeing me, like I did in past games, and much more sneaking around only to find a good angle to kill enemies from. And I can't say I felt the need to, or even attempted, to shoot out light bulbs constantly, like was the case especially in the first game.

The only little thing I miss is the ability to go through the level without killing anyone if you choose, which always added to the challenge.

I was a little concerned about the mark and execute, but as it turns out, you only get one of those per hand-to-hand kill, and as far as I could see you can only kill two people that way per each one. It sets up some great moments where you mark two of your enemies, and then need to get your hand-to-hand kill and then immediately shoot the other two.

If I was iffy at all about whether I'd pick this up (especially after the subpar Double Agent), this would've convinced me... though I already was getting it anyway.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Frankly Stealth Action is my favorite Genre. And Batman Arkham Asylum has been the best game better than MGS4 or any Splinter Cell.

Mainly because, Batman does not Kill and singled handedly he can fight kick and punch or used Gadgets to take on 20 guys.

Snake or Sam Fisher, have to kill and can barely take on 3 or 4 guys.

Batman can swing disarm or batarang the weapon out of their hands.

Plus SC Conviction, all of the cool Tactical moves Disarms are Automatically done for you the game plays itself during the best action all the player does is "mark" and " execute"

in Batman AA you control each individual action, and if you want to thrown etc.

Plus Batman and Sake wear high tech combat suits, when they can take one or two bullets hits not much and it really hurts them.

Sam is wearing a simple T-shirt and takes alot of guns fire, and he keeps on as if nothing affected him.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I'm not going to deny that Batman: Arkham Asylum was a great game, but at the same time, I have to disagree with most of the points you said.

One, most of the stealth sequences of Batman were performed by sneaking up behind guys and pressing a single "Takedown" button, just like this.

Two, there weren't that many stealth sequences. I mean, there were some, but there was a large portion of the game where it forced you to fight large numbers in open areas without too many things to swing from or sneak up from.

Third, it's not realistic for one person, no matter how good a fighter, to be able to take on 20 enemies. And hand to hand fighting doesn't really make that much sense in a more realistic setting either, because they'll just shoot you.

Lastly, if you put the demo on "Realistic" difficulty, it takes three shots to die.

Batman was still my game of the year last year. But I don't think comparing the two games is fair to either one.

I do miss being able to hide the bodies in this, now that I'm playing it again though.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.