AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently framing my basement and plan on wiring it for a home theater system (6.2). I would like to be able to choose where to plug in the sub between two different locations or even run two subs simultaneously in the future. My plane is to run a single RG6 cable from where the receiver will be and then split it to the two different locations for the sub or subs.

Does anyone see any problem with this idea? Of course both subs will be powered but I am not sure as to whether or not the signal from the receiver will be degraded by splitting it to the two locations.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Flounder

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have 2 locations where I put the subs, I ran 40ft of heavy sheilded mono rca cables starting from where the receiver would be - one the the front of the room and one to the rear. I have a female to female face plate on each end and a double f/f plate on the receiver end, then plugged the rca male ends to the face plate.

When I plugged in both subs I am perfectly satisfied with the sound.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
beatles1,

Thanks for the info. If I understand you correctly it sounds like you split the sub signal at the receiver and then plugged each to separate connectors by the receiver and ran the signal to the two different wall plates in the room. I am looking forward finishing this project and start enjoying the new theater!

Thanks again for the help.

Flounder

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.