AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Vizio HDTV (QAM tuner) is currently connected by a coax (Time Warner) that goes first thru a VCR and then to the TV. In general I get good picture quality on all SD and clear HD channels, but subchannels on physical channel 56 only (frequency 41700000) often break up (pixelation?). I've noticed a similar breakup (though only momentarily) on channels not on physical channel 56 when I power the VCR on or off, so I thought that the problem on channel 56 might be alleviated somewhat by having the coax go directly to the TV. But I also want the coax to go to the VCR in order to record. To do this I would need to split it, one leg to the TV and the other to the VCR. In theory, would splitting the coax like this provide a better signal to the TV (with the VCR powered off), than the current setup of the VCR and TV in series on the coax, or might the signal loss thru the splitter make things worse?

Thank you, Mark

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
What's a VCR?

·
Registered
123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonoughDawg /forum/post/18293958

What's a VCR?

lol

OP, does your VCR have any other ins? If so, you could run cable to your TV's tuner and then send the signal out by some other means to the VCR. I know it's a long shot.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Generally, it shouldn't make any difference with DTV. You may have a problem if your signal strength can't endure a 4dB drop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts