AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I experimented and discovered that you can split the component outputs of a hd satellite receiver without visible degradation of the picture.

I'm setting up a scond hd room with a Sony 57hw40 and will be running a long component cable and Toslink cable from my ExpressVu receiver to this second hdtv.

Then I got to thinking about also sending my HdNet signal into this other room. I have DirectTv just for this single channel.

Rather than spend another $450-$500 for a separate hd dtv receiver for the one channel, I decided to split the single set of component outputs on the Toshiba dts 3000 receiver.

Since the Radio Shack 4-in-1-out manual passive av switchbox works so well with hd component cables, I figured that regular audio splitters would work. I wanted ones withour any cables, in other words, direct inputs. Monster makes therse. I am using 3 Monster male to two females audio splitters. (Only sold in sets of two.)

Using HdNet as my program source, there does not appear to be any degradation in the signal. If there is a measurable one, I certainly cannot see the difference between the split signal and the direct line out. the detail in the hockey games of the past week is extraordinary, both with the direct line and with the split line.

Shelly

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.