AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a stupid question.. but Ill ask anyway.

Is there any reason not to split the subwoofer output off a 5.1 amp to hook up 2 subs? Im assuming this could be done using a Y cable or something of that manner.

Have an extra one sitting around and just wanted to play around and hear the difference.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
My sub has 2 inputs and i use a splitter and plug both ends to both the red and white input on the sub and i can hear a gain from somthing doing it this way. Either an input gain or an over all boost when i just plug in one plug then the other i can hear an increase.

·
Registered
16,998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64 /forum/post/18131785

My sub has 2 inputs and i use a splitter and plug both ends to both the red and white input on the sub and i can hear a gain from somthing doing it this way. Either an input gain or an over all boost when i just plug in one plug then the other i can hear an increase.

#1. That's not what the original poster is asking about.

#2. The gain you hear is not a gain that you couldn't get by simply turning your sub's master volume up or turning up the AVRs sub level channel trim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.