AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Yamaha RXa2060 - HTM12 / Pa460 3way LCR - Volt10s atmos - HT8s rears - (4) Dual JBL Devs - (2) F20s
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let’s say I have two UM18s and two pa460 setup in a 15-40hz and 40hz and up setup and a two 21” setup, would one setup win over the other? Would one achieve greater overhead? Efficiency? Spl? Room mode?

This is more conversation rather than me buying so let’s take $$$ out of the equation, unless it’s relative. And obviously this will also also include and extra amp for the two-way setup, again this is less relative.

So, Most $500 +/- 21” drivers I’ve seen seem to be happy in a tune around 15-18hz. Could we do a lower frequency with the UM setup considering that we could split the frequencies in the UM-PA setup?

How would one setup win over another?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I got two of the jbl cs1214 for my living room setup back in 2018 but have not built anything yet. I have spent months reading through the dedicated thread as well as the devastator and vbss theads and to me It seems to boil down to cone area and power. So I would think the dual 21's will win this battle.

This is $.02 from a guy who has an old 10in klipsch sub ok :)

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
UM18's displace about as much as a mid-range 21" pro driver so down low (with DSP) it's more of a tossup than anything else. It'll probably come down to placement options and the ability for the user to control/implement properly into the system, which is not insignificant with "just" subwoofers, nevermind splitting mid and sub bass out individually. Personally I'd rather have a bunch of the same sub, regardless of the type.

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts