AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm working on my dedicated theater space and my initial plan was to put the rack under the stairs with a glass door for access. But now I am thinking that I want to keep everything as hidden and automated as possible. Lights, controls, etc all via the remote (leaning more towards iRule).

So I was thinking to put everything that does not need a direct user control in a different closet. That would be the BluRay Player and Video game systems. Also in the closet would be where we store discs, etc. That way there is no reason to mess with my stuff. No kids, grandparents, etc.

Both spaces would need an RF transmitter.

What do you think? Any potential problems with this set-up. I am going to run the cables soon, and am going to leave extra HDMI and ethernet cables in the closet for expansion possibilities. Maybe even a conduit that is open for more options later.

Attached is a diagram of my space.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
I would definitely run a 2inch ENT or other conduit between the two racks. Two conduits would be that much better. You can use PVC but make sure you use electrical 90 degree angles. Plumbing 90 degree fittings are too tight to pull wires through.

Also make sure both confined spaces have adequate ventilation.

Other than that it seems like a great idea for your situation.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
with both areas having doors into the theater, it is somewhat a "silly" extra, if you sealed off the room at the front and accessed it from adjacent areas it makes more sense and will be better for sound isolation.
Yes, we are going to seal that area off and the only way to get under the stairs will be through the closet door next to the stairs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts