AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Picked up Portal: Still Alive for $5 from the sale, and will check this out also. Is it really that good? I remember passing on it after playing the trial when it first came out, maybe I need to give it another look, especially for $2

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I picked this up as well as trials hd for $5

anyone that hasn't played portal yet either needs to get that for $5

·
Registered
1,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa /forum/post/19549516

where did u guys buy this games from for so cheap?

xbox live arcade

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Twisted Pixel needs to Offer a lower difficulty in some of their games. SM and CJ are just not fun for a lot of people due to their unforgiving nature. I paid my $2 and played for an hour today and I would not recommend the title to most.

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone /forum/post/19552953

Twisted Pixel needs to Offer a lower difficulty in some of their games. SM and CJ are just not fun for a lot of people due to their unforgiving nature. I paid my $2 and played for an hour today and I would not recommend the title to most.

I only found hard mode and a few of the later levels to be that difficult.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
I just hate kittens.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I bought this and Turtles in Time for $2 a piece. My kids and I went thru the turtles game in about 20 minutes. for some reason I remember it being harder. well worth the $2 though.

Splosion man on the other hand... well we only played for about 20 or 30 minutes, but I have yet to see what is fun with this. all it is, is figuring out how to jump? maybe it's just too hard for me. I will try it again though. not sad I spent $2 on it however.

·
Registered
10,548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsimm2 /forum/post/19562397

Splosion man on the other hand... well we only played for about 20 or 30 minutes, but I have yet to see what is fun with this. all it is, is figuring out how to jump? maybe it's just too hard for me. I will try it again though. not sad I spent $2 on it however.

I find the first pass on each level is a puzzle game. Then I redo the level and try to find the cake, blow up everything and achieve the best score. I haven't got to the third run - the speed run, which would be sort of like a parkour game, ala Mirror's Edge.

Be sure to check the friends leaderboard after each run to encourage re-doing the level to improve the run(s).

I mentioned it before, but I didn't like the game that much for the first half hour or so. But once it clicked and I "got" the triple jump, and how to navigate the environment / solve the puzzles, it started to be a lot of fun.

·
Registered
10,548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsimm2 /forum/post/19564123

There's Cake?!

Yeah, that's a nice touch - somewhere on each level is a cake. It's not hard to find, but sometimes you have to search around, solve an extra puzzle or go a different route. If you eat the cake, it gives a nice score bonus for the score leaderboards.

Of course if you are doing a speed run, ignore the cake because it's not on the fastest route.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
easily in my top 3 XBLA games

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.