AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone able to watch the SD games on the ST anymore? This is the third season I've subbed to ST and I've always thought that the PQ was very poor. I don't know if it's the comparison to the HD/ED games, but the PQ of the SD games this season seem to be worse than ever. As a result, I find myself watching only the HD/SD games every week.

Has the D* ST become a $200 HD/ED sports package with just 2 or 3 games per week?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
For some people thats the case I'm sure, stooge. Not for me. I've had ST for years so as to be able to watch an out of market team. Thats all that matters to me. I dont even care about the WS/HD part of it.

It's nice that they offer those. And it's nice that MNF and SNF are in HD also. Though I wont watch any of em just simply because they're in HD. To me it's the match up that matters, not the resolution. Course the same could be said for Dramas too.. I'm not gonna watch a crappy Drama just cause it's in HD.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by NetworkTV
I would guess most people watch the games for the matchup....
And that's why I originally got the ST package. When all of the games had the same crappy PQ it was easier to focus only on the matchups. But now that a couple (well, maybe just one) of the games have superior PQ, I find the SD games to be virtually unwatchable. Or maybe the PQ of the SD games really has gotten worse this season, I don't know. Whatever the reason, it's much harder to watch the SD games this season no matter how good the matchups are.

Believe me, I'm not complaining about the addition of HD/ED to the ST package, but it serves to make one long for the day when ALL of the games are in HD. We should all live that long.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,652 Posts
Welcome to the club.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.