AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question in itself contains the possible spoiler so don't read any further if you haven't seen the movie.

I just picked up 'The Guardian' Blu-Ray on my lunch break, and was looking at the case. I haven't ever seen the movie, but one of the extras listed on the back is "Alternate 'Randal Lives' Ending "

WTF were they thinking????? So now I might possibly know Kevin Costner's character dies, before even watching the movie. Thank you Touchstone

I hope it isn't the case (no pun intended)

Marc.

·
Banned
720 Posts
Are you serious??? You can tell that just by watching the trailer.

I guessed it before the movie even hit theaters. In the trailer you see him training Ashton then Ashton getting in trouble and Costner going after him. Then you see a scene With Ashton crying and hugging someone at a funeral.

Wasn't it obvious he was going to sacrifice himself to save Ashton?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chako /forum/post/0

Are you serious??? You can tell that just by watching the trailer.

I guessed it before the movie even hit theaters. In the trailer you see him training Ashton then Ashton getting in trouble and Costner going after him. Then you see a scene With Ashton crying and hugging someone at a funeral.

Wasn't it obvious he was going to sacrifice himself to save Ashton?

That's generally why I avoid the trailers if at all possible. This time I didn't see the whole trailer, but the disc case gave it away. It's like recording the big football game , and going all day without having someone tell you how it ended, then just as you are getting off the bus to go home, the bus driver tells you the final game score

Marc.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I quite enjoyed it. I haven't seen An Officer and a Gentlemen, but it reminded me of Top Gun, which is a good thing. Full of cliches but gives you what expect and want. Kind of a warm, fuzzy, comforting, crowd pleaser (for me anyway). Ashton did an admirable job, but I'm not sold his acting ability. To me, he's most comfortable at improv, coming up with witty one-liners and comebacks.

The ending wraps up the story nicely. It's fitting that Randall dies in the sea, and even in the afterlife, continue to save lives. The movie title made sense at the point. (ok I'm a little slow.......)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing /forum/post/0

I quite enjoyed it. I haven't seen An Officer and a Gentlemen, but it reminded me of Top Gun, which is a good thing. Full of cliches but gives you what expect and want. Kind of a warm, fuzzy, comforting, crowd pleaser (for me anyway). Ashton did an admirable job, but I'm not sold his acting ability. To me, he's most comfortable at improv, coming up with witty one-liners and comebacks.

The ending wraps up the story nicely. It's fitting that Randall dies in the sea, and even in the afterlife, continue to save lives. The movie title made sense at the point. (ok I'm a little slow.......)

I finally got around to watcing it tonight, and even though Touchstone gave awaey the ending for me on their own packaging, it was still an enjoyable movie. Definitely a nice feel to the ending with the afterlife rescue bit.

Really nice picture quality for the most part. Very natural looking colors and some of the best fleshtones I have seen in a movie.

Marc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.