AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any projectors less than 7k that I could watch basketball and football on Direct TV and Cable without motion artifacts - ghost effect, trails etc. My wife and I watch about 50/50 DVD/sports. Thanx!

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
You are a lucky man to have your wife be so cool :)

For 6-7K the cheaper DILAs (Hitachi new LCOS using UHP bulb) should be great for sports. DLP tend to have motion artifacts so LCOS or LCD light cannons should do fine.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
There are lots of options in that price range. I think you'll have less problems with artifacts, trails, etc. than you will have with overall poor image quality.

Taking a standard cable signal (or the sometimes highly compressed DirecTV signal) and enlarging it via a projector will really accentuate the poor quality of the original signal.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I watched MNF on ABC last night on my ~$2000 Sanyo XW15 fed via single composite cable TV and I had no problems with "artifacts", trails etc.

Of course the resolution and overall "sharpness" weren't as nice as progressive DVDs, but the color was great, and the people I had over to watch it were very impressed.

I do zoom the picture down slightly from max when watching TV from ~ 9 feet away, but it looks comparible if not better than most of the RP TVs I've seen. Plus off-center viewing angles look as bright as sitting right in front of it, a big plus for large gatherings.

Just do it.

Kurt

Trenton, NJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.