AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ordering 2 inch ATS Acoustics Rigid Fiberglass Board from ATSAcoustics to cover my front wall which will be behind my planned AT screen. According to the ATS FAQ's, the method of attaching fabric to the panels is as follows:

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,562 Posts
Better to make wood frames or use wood furring and staple the fabric to the wood. I would anticipate a lot of effort to get the fabric to lay perfectly smooth using the glue method. My screen wall is covered with fabric but the wall behind the screen wall and AT screen is just bare Linacoustic.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeter1093 /forum/post/20865030

I'm ordering 2 inch ATS Acoustics Rigid Fiberglass Board from ATSAcoustics to cover my front wall which will be behind my planned AT screen. According to the ATS FAQ's, the method of attaching fabric to the panels is as follows:

·
Registered
513 Posts
I would go with Big's advice for a nice tight fit with the fabric. I went with the 3M glue and put it on the back edges of the OC703 panels 2 inches in. I made 26 panels. Most of them came out fine but a few developed some air bubbles in the fabric that we had to fix. The last thing you want to see is bumps in the fabric.

Good luck...

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC /forum/post/20865174

Better to make wood frames or use wood furring and staple the fabric to the wood. I would anticipate a lot of effort to get the fabric to lay perfectly smooth using the glue method. My screen wall is covered with fabric but the wall behind the screen wall and AT screen is just bare Linacoustic.

The Linacoustic doesnt' show through the screen when the lights are on in the room? That's my main reason for wanting to cover it in black spandex (still AT but will be unseen)

·
Registered
696 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeter1093 /forum/post/20866262

The Linacoustic doesnt' show through the screen when the lights are on in the room? That's my main reason for wanting to cover it in black spandex (still AT but will be unseen)

You need to be careful about what material you use for acoustic insulation behind the screen. Linacoustic is a black material, and will not show through your screen if left bare. OC703 panels, however, are bright yellow, and it has been advised here at AVS to cover OC703 behind the screen with black AT material to block those reflections. In that situation, your spandex covering is a good idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.