Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,

a question for the goo systems experts.

whats the best way to spray crt white goo on board?

the board upright or should it be lying flat?

is that the same for both base coat and top coat?

love some advice

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I hate it when this happens: "....white goo on board..." :D

I'd imagine you should do it laying flat to avoid oversprays from collecting and running down the screen causing streaks. I'd call the KBK dude as for $100/liter, there'd better be some tech. support.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
spraying vertically is the best method, for it is easier for the sprayer. Also, chunky stuff has a better chance of never hitting the substrate you are working with..and dried particles will be more likely to stay off the surface.

This is especially important when the drying begins...and all suspended particles end up on the screen if it is on the horizontal plane!

If ROLLING and trying to get to a -very- high gain surface..thinning and horizontal rolling is the best trick. Otherwise, vertical rolling/spraying is the way to go.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Huey: $100 a liter is quite cheap. People buy $20-30K cars without even thinking..and they will not spend HALF as much time with the car as they will with the screen.

Calculate the hours..and it is true, by a long shot.

People will buy $2-3-4-10K amplifiers, plunk em' down..and plug em' in..and never think twice. But... a $100 can of paint confuses them.

Life is strange.

I realize it is an overall 'new thing' for most folks. So, explanations are in order. heck..they do have driving school and audiophile magazines. We need 'Screen Roller', the mag! April issue on News Stands today!

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Probably not for while. They don't have much room intheir lives for inexpensive gear. Especially screen and the like. But who knows.. it may happen.

Perhaps I should park a box of product on their doorsteps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.