AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting alot of crackling on the game when teh volume gets loud.... picture is very good though....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Yeah there is something not quite correct with the audio. The center channel sounds harsh and bright. Picture is awesome, but I need to say that the sound engineers need to get back to work on this feed!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The audio is looped now... liek when your pc crashed under 98 when playing a game. BTW im watching with DirecTV, anybody else getting this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
They really need to get this audio problem fixed.......it's very distracting!!:mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,330 Posts
I'm watching on both DirectTv and Dish, and the focus is awful with each. Keeps going in and out of focus with the whole court camera. Can't even read the players' names on the uniform backs except on closeups. Only an end court camera is focused at times.


Is this the focus poping I read about from last game?


Audio problem has stopped. It was total silence on Dish, and pop-pop-pop- on Direct.


I keep checking my demo channels to make sure that there is nothing wrong with my set. Great focus on those channels so it must be the transmission.


Shelly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by shelly
I'm watching on both DirectTv and Dish, and the focus is awful with each. Keeps going in and out of focus with the whole court camera. Can't even read the players' names on the uniform backs except on closeups. Only an end court camera is focused at times.


Is this the focus poping I read about from last game?


Audio problem has stopped. It was total silence on Dish, and pop-pop-pop- on Direct.


I keep checking my demo channels to make sure that there is nothing wrong with my set. Great focus on those channels so it must be the transmission.


Shelly
If you notice the picture seems to go out of focus when the ball is moving fast....weird
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by firmie
Snapper Jones sounds fine it's the other guy Kevin who sounds like crap....
They both (center channel) sound over modulated
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
636 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lufters
If you notice the picture seems to go out of focus when the ball is moving fast....weird
For me it was mainly going out of focus when there was a camera flash and when they switch cameras. Is this some sort of encoder problem? It's very annoying since anytime the ball gets close to the hoop someone takes a picture.


jr
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,868 Posts
pic looked pretty good,sound had problems.my main problem was with halftime,where were the cheerleaders? :) phoenix has a pretty hot looking squad,but they finally decide to show some halftime activities and we get a juggler on a unicycle!!! it sure did please those folks in the crowd though(phoenix must be really boring). ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,868 Posts
did i understand the announcers correctly,next tuesdays doubleheader will be HD?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
seems to be.... i wondered that too when they announced it. I always heard about thing on here before I hear the promo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,781 Posts
The video was not as good as I have come to expect from 1080i broadcasts. There were some very distracting problems with the focus.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
323 Posts
This was the focus problem that I've been talking about the last couple of games. It WAS NOT evident during the Houston regular season game (5 or 6 games ago) or the Washington game (regular season) that I can remember, but ever since the HD playoff games I've been noticing this. Oh well, I'm sure eventually someone there will figure out something is wrong.


During the half time break, they again mentioned the "classic" HD games they will be showing, did anyone catch Aldridge say they will have one every day? The girl on the unicycle was pretty amazing (the second time, when she successfully flipped those bowls onto her head), though cheerleaders might have been more appropriate.


-T
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,067 Posts
It did look very good except for the focus problem mentioned. Especially when someone would get near the rim it would go out of focus. Very annoying.


Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by XFactor
The video was not as good as I have come to expect from 1080i broadcasts. There were some very distracting problems with the focus.
Not to mention EE. Some of it was so bad it looked as if they were using WS SD cameras that were upconverted.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top