AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is 3d on the way back to main stream ? It looks like robert rodriguez is going to break some records with his third sequal. I know i am going to see it a couple of times. The movie is going to be in 3d.

My question is, how will this work when it is released on dvd. Will we be still able to view it in 3d ?

Here is a linkl to the article on cinescape

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats an amazing picture. I remeber when i was younger and seeing jaws in 3d. That was cool. This is going to be even cooler. I also read that it is going to a high definition image. ALL i can say is wow

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
This will not work on DVD if you use progressive or if your TV has a line doubler because the 3D requires an interlaced signal sent to each lens of your glasses to work. It also requires total darkness.

There are a few 3-D DVD titles out there and they come with the glasses. My TV automatically line doubles any component signal...you can probably output via RCA or S-video but then you are going to take a hit in video quality.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I hope 3D movies do catch on because the technologies come so far. Seeing a 3D movie recently at EPCOT was just incredible. A long way from "Comin' At Ya". As good as the screen shot above.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.