AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have honestly been doing my research on the Spyder2 but am still very confused. I know to make my own DVD (download from here) but am unsure if my Spyder2 (already own) can be used w/ my new plasma (Samsung PN50A650). The Spyder box mentions LCDs and CRTs, but not plasma.

So, will this work or am I better off buying something else?

Thanks ahead of time for any help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know this is a basic question, but I really can't get confirmation elsewhere and would appreciate the help.

I'm a filmmaker and used to know a lot more about these things, but it hasn't been an issue for some time. So much has changed and more importantly so much seems to have different rules here. For example, I see threads describing the color settings people has used for their TVs. This flies in the face of one of the 1st rules of video editing--that every monitor is at least slightly different and needs to be calibrated separately. So how someone else set their monitor is worthless to us. This makes me even more perplexed b/c our monitors are generally held to a higher standard than consumer equipment.

So, I'm not being lazy, I'm just lost and can't find what I need doing searches in other posts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts