AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to let everyone know that the SQ Remote / SQ Blaster solution works amazingly well for advanced AV control especially if you plan to link to any Zwave or Insteon Home Automation control through the same interface both within and outside your LAN. Here is a few of the great features of the SQ remote / blaster solution:

1. Incredibly fast Wifi to IR response time. We are talking micro seconds and I am in a basement with slow G wifi signal coverage and it is almost instant. At least 50 times faster than my previous Harmony 1000 system.

2. Full MiOS / Vera 2 home automation controller interface built in as standard.

3. Fully customizeable macro control.

4. Dual IR databases for full IR code support.

5. Web portal support built in.

6. Universal App iPad version due out in weeks (in final beta testing)

7. Computer based SQ designer software package coming out shortly.

8. Very affordable with no cost to share configurations on multiple iOS devices. I have mine running on an old 3G iPhone, as well as an iPhone 4 and iPad for no additional cost.

9. Software is actually free with full MiOS feature set if you buy the blaster hardware unit.

A pro version that include the Zwave control is due out in a few months.

Here is a video of my system up and running on the software.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New updated HD iPad universal app with SQ Designer program now available. This system has no discernible lag on my iPad at all. I am controlling my lights and IP cameras from outside the house as well from my iPad or iPhone 4. I can't wait tonstart playing with themes to get the brushed aluminum or carbon fiber look. I will post part 2 of my video in a day or two.

http://www.squareconnect.com/products.html

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I'm waiting to see how the SQ Blaster Pro turns out. Between the cost of a Vera+SQ Blaster, lack of Android app, and somewhat mixed feedback from people on the Vera - I'm hoping the SQ Blaster Pro is priced right and contains the necessary features I need. For now, I'm making due with a Monster 300 remote, which was really cheap on Amazon and has the same feature-set as a Harmony 890 Pro. The lighting controller capabilities leave a lot to be desired, and it only does z-wave lighting from what I can tell, but component controls etc works really well, and I like the remote. I'm also growing to like the physical buttons (and placement), as well as the fact it automatically lights up when I pick it up. I wish at some point Square Connect could bring out a good physical remote as well (or that harmony could make a wifi remote that is compatible with it).

·
Registered
748 Posts
@azdaren- Ahh... nothing is impossible but it is true that you would need additional equipment.

If you have the SQ Blaster in your equipment room and would also like to control your TV you would need an IR extender that brings the signal to the Tv. This would actually be needed with many systems. You can go with an Xantech IR Extender system, put an IR emitter from the SQ Blaster on the Xantech Receiver like the Micro Link and wire that to your TV.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is this company still in business? I am interested in purchasing the sq blaster pro but cannot find one anywhere? Anybody know what happened to them?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts