AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a bit frustrated w/ OTA reception. I live in a typical Phila Rowhome. Those of you around the country w/ know it as a Townhome. They are a row of brick homes built in the 20's. I have been trying to get OTA HD in phila w/ an indoor antenna. I have a Dish 811 reciever. I have both the Radio shack indoor HD antenna. And the RCA VHF/UHF indoor Ant. With a VHF Uhf Preamp. I can pickup nothing w/ the Rad Shack ant. The RCA gets me NBC, CBS and UPN digital but these cut out frequently as well. I'm about to try a SqS ant but i cant put it on the roof. Does anyone have any expeirence w/ this ant. Do you think it w/ help? Seeing as how i'm only 15 miles from the broadcast towers w/ no big buildings in the way. I thought this would be a piece o' cake. :(

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I live in an OTA challenged area and have a huge antenna with preamp on my chimney to get all channels. A person near me but in an only slightly better reception location uses the square shooter and gets every channel fine. They also have an antenna preamp however.

I would say that the square shooter will do a great job based on the reports I get.

Rick R

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that seems to be the direction i should go in.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I purchased a squareshooter last week to try and help a problem I am having. I live about 17 miles from the major network antennas. Even though I was getting a decent signal from all stations, I was having a problem with Fox. I get a high signal strength but it is plagued with intermittant drops that cause the picture to freeze up. I heard it was a multipath issue and thought the squareshooter would help but it didn't. I am able to pull in all stations (the antenna is in the attic) really well and don't have any issues except fox.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.