AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making the rounds on gaming sites today are statements made by the 1up crew in this E3 wrap up podcast about Square-Enix's next big announcement at their upcoming Tokyo show.

In the podcast (at the 2 hour a 51 minute mark), the 1up editor says he talked to SE about it and found out that while their E3 announcements went in Microsoft's direction, the one to be made at their show will be PlayStation. Speculations? Here are mine:

- A full FF7 remake was shot down by SE, so maybe a polished up PSN release

- A FFVII-2 (like what they did with a FFX sequel)

- A Chrono Cross sequel (which would be HUGELY popular IMHO... I liked it more than FFVII myself)

- Kingdom Hearts 3 exclusive (unlikely, but significant for many fans of the series)

- Announcing SO4 is multi-platform (which is already speculated on and is not that big of news when it is revealed)

- Dragon's Quest PS3

- A new IP altogether

Whatever it is, at minimum it sounds like the show (Aug. 2-3) will be an interesting one for PlayStation fans. Oh, and the podcast was also interesting in that they almost unanimously picked the adorable play/create/share game LittleBigPlanet as their top title of E3

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
A Chrono Cross sequel would be great; I loved that game, warts and all. Defeating the final boss the "right" way, then the song and movie playing during the credits was wonderful. One of my fondest memories of all gamedom.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
yeah, that 1up podcast took a really weird turn since most were drinking and lots of sexual innuendos, especially after that Wii-mote hack game.

Not sure what it could be, but it was said that TGS will swing the pendulum back to Playstation after the FFXIII announcement swung it towards Microsoft.

Should be good though.

Interesting that 1up and Gamespot are saying that this year's E3 was probably the last one.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Kingdom Hearts would be awesome, I loved the first one. They should use pixar characters instead of disney maybe?

·
Registered
12,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by splinters /forum/post/14330827

The new announcement is about "Advent Children", I haven't figured out if it's a movie or a game, but if it's ps3 related, I guess that means game.

http://www.ps3blog.net/2008/07/19/fi...ps3-exclusive/

-Splints

Well you can hear the podcast that it isn't necessarily an Advent Children game (which is FF7 related of course). The Advent Children presentation that's known so far is the Blu ray movie release coming this Fall.

However 1up didn't say that the PlayStation announcement is related to Advent Children specifically. The article summary is wrong.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Advent Children did pretty well, didn't it? Maybe they are announcing another movie (or a few) based on FFVII?

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
I think it might be FF7-II... now go shoot yourself...!!! :p

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I vote for Kingdom Hearts III. Disney characters would be amazing on the PS3.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts