AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a VIZIO P65-C1 that is broken and I put in a claim with Squaretrade. They say they don't have the parts to repair it so are offering a TV replacement. The TV replacement they are offering is a Hisense 65H6570G. When I bought the Vizio P65-C1 it was like $1,599.99 Replacing that with a TV that cost under $500 that I wouldn't even put in my guest room doesn't seem like a fair trade off. I'm gonna try for something else. Any suggestions on what my arguments against this TV should be? Just trying to see how I should approach them.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I have a VIZIO P65-C1 that is broken and I put in a claim with Squaretrade. They say they don't have the parts to repair it so are offering a TV replacement. The TV replacement they are offering is a Hisense 65H6570G. When I bought the Vizio P65-C1 it was like $1,599.99 Replacing that with a TV that cost under $500 that I wouldn't even put in my guest room doesn't seem like a fair trade off. I'm gonna try for something else. Any suggestions on what my arguments against this TV should be? Just trying to see how I should approach them.
“Settle for a HiSense H9G at 65”. Tell them you want another FALD TV and the H6570G isn’t. Or tell them you’ll take Vizio’s current FALD the PQX-65 inch.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
“Settle for a HiSense H9G at 65”. Tell them you want another FALD TV and the H6570G isn’t. Or tell them you’ll take Vizio’s current FALD the PQX-65 inch.
I'm not the best with this stuff. Fald you speak is referring to the backlight? I looked at the spec on bestbuy it is say the Hisense HG570G Backlight Type is Full array. Is that not the same thing as the Vizio I was talking about?

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm not the best with this stuff. Fald you speak is referring to the backlight? I looked at the spec on bestbuy it is say the Hisense HG570G Backlight Type is Full array. Is that not the same thing as the Vizio I was talking about?
Yes, FALD is backlighting. For HiSense, the 65" H8G is the one you should ask for. The H6570 is not considered a part of HiSense premium line. Both have FALD, but the H9G or H8G are more premium. They're offering you a much lesser quality TV than you're replacing so counter with H9G and let them know you want to stay in the premium but affordable tier that your other TV was in. The H6570 is a step down. Won't be as bright and likely won't have the same scaling and other features.

I personally would ask them to give me the current Vizio premium in 65" to simplify the this-for-that conversation.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
FYI, with COVID, they are limited on what they have available to them. I went through it a few weeks ago after my KS8000 failed. I turned down their first lowball(LG Nanocell) offer and asked for Q80R, which was more in line with what I had.

They said they didn’t have any Samsung’s available and ended up sending me a check for the full purchase price of the KS8000(minus tax).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
This remind me when I was asking for a repair/replace my 65 KS7502 that I bought for 2000 euro in 2016.. They offered me 65 inch JS7000 or something that costs barely 800 euro and is a general garbage of a TV compared to the KS7502..

I Ended up with exchange for 55Inch The Frame 2020 l3 model for around 1400 Euro for my bedroom

·
Registered
608 Posts
FYI, with COVID, they are limited on what they have available to them. I went through it a few weeks ago after my KS8000 failed. I turned down their first lowball(LG Nanocell) offer and asked for Q80R, which was more in line with what I had.

They said they didn’t have any Samsung’s available and ended up sending me a check for the full purchase price of the KS8000(minus tax).

Anytime they offer full/substantial refund minus the tax, take it. Just because they don't have an alternate TV isn't your issue. It's just a part of the warranty/replacement process. Most of the time, I'd rather get the money refund rather than a replacement if they do it on the original purchase price. That's like getting to use the TV for free.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

What did you say to them? This is what I got:

SquareTrade TV protection plan does not guarantee a specific TV model or TV with the same dollar value as yours. It guarantees a fully functional device which is comparable in features/specifications to your TV.
At this point, the options we are offering are comparable. You may negotiate with us in cases where the TV options offered are not comparable to your TV. For example: if the size of the original TV is larger than the replacement TV offered, or there is a difference in the refresh rate, HDMI/USB ports, etc. We would advise you to do thorough research on the options provided to you before making your selection. Because, there is always room for negotiation, but we will not be able to make any changes once the order has been placed. Please note, we will not be able to negotiate in cases where the options are just not to your liking.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
What did you say to them? This is what I got:

SquareTrade TV protection plan does not guarantee a specific TV model or TV with the same dollar value as yours. It guarantees a fully functional device which is comparable in features/specifications to your TV.
At this point, the options we are offering are comparable. You may negotiate with us in cases where the TV options offered are not comparable to your TV. For example: if the size of the original TV is larger than the replacement TV offered, or there is a difference in the refresh rate, HDMI/USB ports, etc. We would advise you to do thorough research on the options provided to you before making your selection. Because, there is always room for negotiation, but we will not be able to make any changes once the order has been placed. Please note, we will not be able to negotiate in cases where the options are just not to your liking.

My immediate contention was the the LG they offered was an IPS panel and not a VA like the KS8000. I also said that the KS8000 was more of a premium model when looking at detailed specs than the LG as well. After looking at what was close to the KS8000, I suggested the Samsung Q80R.

That’s when they came back and said they didn’t have any Samsung’s available and offered the to reimburse the price, which I took.

As an FYI, I ended up buying a Sony X950H.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My immediate contention was the the LG they offered was an IPS panel and not a VA like the KS8000. I also said that the KS8000 was more of a premium model when looking at detailed specs than the LG as well. After looking at what was close to the KS8000, I suggested the Samsung Q80R.

That’s when they came back and said they didn’t have any Samsung’s available and offered the to reimburse the price, which I took.

As an FYI, I ended up buying a Sony X950H.

Hey thanks for writing back! Do you notice any differences between the VIZIO P65-C1 I have and the Hisense 65H6570G they are offering where I can show them they aren't equivalent to each other.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Hey thanks for writing back! Do you notice any differences between the VIZIO P65-C1 I have and the Hisense 65H6570G they are offering where I can show them they aren't equivalent to each other.

Sorry but I don’t know enough about either brand to really comment on those two. What I would do is go to Rtings.com and under tools use the compare tool and put the two side by side(assuming they have a review for them) and see how they compare.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry but I don’t know enough about either brand to really comment on those two. What I would do is go to Rtings.com and under tools use the compare tool and put the two side by side(assuming they have a review for them) and see how they compare.

Thanks! In their email they themselves said this. "You may negotiate with us in cases where the TV options offered are not comparable to your TV. For example: if the size of the original TV is larger than the replacement TV offered, or there is a difference in the refresh rate," The VIZIO P65-C1 has 120 hz the Hisense 65H6570G has 60hz So they admitted they at least have to provide a tv with the same refresh rate. So I guess I have to try to stick with my guns on that key difference.

·
Registered
749 Posts
The sets aren't remotely comparable.
Here are some other things you might consider arguing 'are not comparable'.
You could argue that these were specific features you sought out on the Vizio, and they're not offering an equivalent model.
You also don't need to give examples of why you sought those features. You just want a comparable set
I'm just comparing things from displayspecifications.com
https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/e1c01edc
https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/6c15429

Besides the refresh rate difference, local dimming is of course an obvious difference, but if they choose not to 'honor' that
Maybe you need 5 HDMI inputs since the TV is your hub. Hisense only has 3
Maybe you have your sources connected to the TV and rely on ARC for audio, but the Hisense doesn't support it.
Maybe you used the Vizio to play videos from a DLNA server. Hisense can't
Maybe you need the high bandwidth of a USB 3.0 port. Hisense doesn't have one.
Maybe you have a video source that needs Component inputs. Hisense doesn't have it.

Did your set get an HDR10+ firmware update? Maybe the promise of that was why you originally selected the set.

etc, etc.

Thanks! In their email they themselves said this. "You may negotiate with us in cases where the TV options offered are not comparable to your TV. For example: if the size of the original TV is larger than the replacement TV offered, or there is a difference in the refresh rate," The VIZIO P65-C1 has 120 hz the Hisense 65H6570G has 60hz So they admitted they at least have to provide a tv with the same refresh rate. So I guess I have to try to stick with my guns on that key difference.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm going through this exact same replacement now. Did you have any luck with getting something better than the 65H6570G?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The sets aren't remotely comparable.
Here are some other things you might consider arguing 'are not comparable'.
You could argue that these were specific features you sought out on the Vizio, and they're not offering an equivalent model.
You also don't need to give examples of why you sought those features. You just want a comparable set
I'm just comparing things from displayspecifications.com
https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/e1c01edc
https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/6c15429

Besides the refresh rate difference, local dimming is of course an obvious difference, but if they choose not to 'honor' that
Maybe you need 5 HDMI inputs since the TV is your hub. Hisense only has 3
Maybe you have your sources connected to the TV and rely on ARC for audio, but the Hisense doesn't support it.
Maybe you used the Vizio to play videos from a DLNA server. Hisense can't
Maybe you need the high bandwidth of a USB 3.0 port. Hisense doesn't have one.
Maybe you have a video source that needs Component inputs. Hisense doesn't have it.

Did your set get an HDR10+ firmware update? Maybe the promise of that was why you originally selected the set.

etc, etc.
Thanks...They are sending a Vizio P659-G1.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the update! How was the communication process with them? Did you go through any other replacement or reimbursement options?
I sent a strong worded email to [email protected] with my claim # and reasons why the tv they were giving me wasn't an acceptable replacement. You have to list the differences and why the one they are giving you is a step down.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I sent a strong worded email to [email protected] with my claim # and reasons why the tv they were giving me wasn't an acceptable replacement. You have to list the differences and why the one they are giving you is a step down.
Gotcha...was there a lot of back and forth email? Did you end up telling them which replacement you wanted, or did they offer the option themselves after reviewing the differences you sent them?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts