AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me if this is a stupid question. I have a squeezebox and it is hardwired back to my PC. I've never had a need for a wireless setup in the house, so don't have a wireless router at all. My daughter has just got an iphone, and I was wondering if she could get connectivity to the internet through the squeezebox base unit, assuming it acts like a wireless router (connecting the remote to the system). And if this is possible, what do I need to know before I screw her phone up.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The squeezebox will not act as a wireless router or wireless access point. i'm not sure about the newest models, but my SB3 can be used as a bridge, allowing you to plug a wired device into it to access the network/internet. but not wireless.

·
Registered
185 Posts
With the Duet Receiver this should be _theoretically_ possible and in the German part of the Squeezebox forum there is at least one guy who claims it's working for him. I asked back a few times and he insists it's working.

However, others have failed, so far, personally I did not try.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Get a wireless router (cheap enough), and for $10 for iPeng for the iPhone, you'll have the best remote control for your music around (IMO)!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts