AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured this needs it's own thread and not buried in the myriad of trailers and "news" in the Netflix thread (no offense intended). I'm about half way thru this Korean series. It's tripped out. A bit of Alice in Borderlands, yet different. Good PQ with nice DV too. Anyone else watching?

Survive or die
Who will live to see 45.6 billion won?

Premieres September 17th

·
Registered
555 Posts
I liked it and the social commentary is spot on. You can take the story literally or as an allegory of how society really functions. It appears Netlix funded K-drama has a bit more freedom, DP is another example of something that would not have been possible. Acting was top-notch and I enjoyed the cameos from unexpected top-stars.

·
Registered
20,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m sitting here at my kids soccer practice on an absolutely gorgeous evening and the team next to us is playing red light green light. I’ll never look at that game the same way again.😳😆

·
Registered
555 Posts
I’m sitting here at my kids soccer practice on an absolutely gorgeous evening and the team next to us is playing red light green light. I’ll never look at that game the same way again.😳😆
I grew up playing the Squid Game. This show brought back some memories.

·
Registered
20,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I grew up playing the Squid Game. This show brought back some memories.
I didn’t realize Squid Game was an actual childhood game. Learnt something new today.

I want that miniture jazz room setup The Frontman has. That was cool.

I finished the series up last night. Still processing all that transpired. There’s a lot. Refresh my memory…
The Front Man/In-ho is Joon-ho’s missing brother. Was there a time jump? It appeared to me that In-ho recently went missing. But IIRC he won Squid Game and became The Front Man 5 years ago.

I want that miniture jazz club setup The Frontman has. That was cool.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Heavy spoilers, obviously :LOL:

SQUID GAME Every Ending Clue That | Things You Missed And Hidden Details | 오징어게임

·
Registered
870 Posts
I enjoyed it and the social commentary.

I admit that I did go with the English dub. I have vision issues and did wish I could have went with the original actor's voices.

I was expecting/hoping more from the infiltrator cop, but it just set up the reveal of where his brother went.

·
Registered
25,706 Posts
Netflix to edit out phone number seen in Squid Game after individual is flooded with prank calls

"After Squid Game aired, I have been receiving calls and texts endlessly, 24/7."

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was disappointed. I kept seeing all the "shocking" scenes and disturbing content comments. I didn't find it that shocking. You want to see something shocking and disturbing, watch the foreign film Spiral.

·
Registered
25,706 Posts
‘Squid Game’ Draws 111M Views In First Month, Per Netflix, Besting ‘Bridgerton’ To Become Top All-Time Series Launch

Squid Game drew 111 million viewers in its first month on the platform, per internal Netflix estimates, becoming the biggest launch in the streaming giant’s history.

That tally through the first 28 days shatters the previous mark set by Bridgerton, which was seen by 82 million households after its debut last Christmas. Netflix counts any sampling of at least two minutes of any episode as an official view.

·
Registered
28,365 Posts
SNL had a decent Squid Game parody this week.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts