AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#1 From time to time my Mitsu shrd5 has no audio on ppv, random channels. This has happened three times now. At first I was angry at DirecTv for what I assumed was their problem, but I now believe it is the Mitsu.(I have hot,cold booted, and unplugged for 15 min,,,nothing)

#2 Often the chan changing will not stop! It runs several chan's over what was pressed.

Anyone heard of these problems?(I did a search, to no avail)

TIA

[This message has been edited by Hab911 (edited 06-30-2001).]

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have had the same problem as #2. I read in another forum

that this is a defect and might be covered under warranty.

Others have said it goes away with time. Mine is behaving better

so I have not bothered to call the dealer. There definately is

a delay sometimes so maybe I was impatient before and pressed

the buttons too many times.

I have never experienced #1.

The best source for Mits info is www.***************.com in

the Mits area.

Mike...

------------------

Mike Saemisch

Visit our home theater here .

·
Registered
345 Posts
Problem number 1 is with DirectTv, not your equipment. Many people have complained about this, and it is definetly a DirectTV issue. I believe it may have something to do with Dolby Digital. Ive read that some channels will have sound and others will not. I would call Direct TV and get a refund on those movies.

Steve

·
Registered
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Hab911:

[B#2 Often the chan changing will not stop! It runs several chan's over what was pressed.

Anyone heard of these problems?(I did a search, to no avail)

TIA

[/b]
Hab911,

The overrun after button presses on the remote is related to the RF remote (I discovered by accident). If your RF remote antenna is plugged in, move it to other locations. Mine works fine on my stereo rack but not on top of my Mits TV. Something in either the TV or the HD5 or one of my other components is sending spurious signals that the RF antenna is picking up, I surmise, that screw up all the remote operations just as you described (even IR). If your RF is not plugged in, try plugging it in.

P.S. I hab 911 also. It's a black Targa...

------------------

R. Aster, scanning the forums

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One other problem! Using the IR blaster from my ReplayTV, the Mitsu misses random digits(of the three digit chan numbers). I had no such problem with the old Sony Sat Rcvr and the Replay.

I think they released this unit too early. At least the picture is very nice on the Panny Tau 34".

Oh! and the 911 refers to my business not my car! As in E911!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.