AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about purchasing a Vizio panel that has as one of its features SRSTruSurroundHD,,, I know there is also SRSTruSurroundXT on some of the Vizios and some form of a SRSTruSurround on many other LCD panels and plasma's.

If I get the Vizio I really want to avoid going with a 5.1 system or a soundbar in the room I will be using it in and wanted to ask the opinions of those who have used SRSTruSurround,,SRSTruSurroundXT or SRSTruSurroundHD.

Used with BD and HD cable do these fake surrounds suck or do just OK or can it sound pretty good ???

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Davyo

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Yes, it sucks. I know it's tempting to look for an easy solution, but if you want surround sound you really do need to look at multiple speakers or at least a halfway decent sound bar.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carled /forum/post/15482824

Yes, it sucks. I know it's tempting to look for an easy solution, but if you want surround sound you really do need to look at multiple speakers or at least a halfway decent sound bar.

Actually I'm not even sure if I want 5.1 surround sound,, I have been a soundbar junkie ever since my first YSP and I have also owned many 5.1 systems.

To me, with a good soundbar your "in a sound bubble" and with a 5.1 system the sound in very directional,,,, I think I kinda prefure the bubble to the directional sound,,,,,,, hope that made sense.

If SRSTruSurround could come close to the effect/non-directional sound of a YSP for example that might be good thing,, in my opinion and for my taste.

Cheers

Davyo

·
Registered
2,951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo /forum/post/15492953

If SRSTruSurround could come close to the effect/non-directional sound of a YSP for example that might be good thing,, in my opinion and for my taste.

A fine attitude to have, however TruSurround just really isn't that good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts