AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i guess all of you have seen the new pics of the dnp lack scren compared to the silverstar and a matte white screen. i jsut wanted to know what were you opinions on how teh dnp looked compared to the silverstar? I mean, my opinion is: "its not that greaat" well that is of course with the lihts off, my question to you is , will the silverstar project an image w/ ambient light in the room like the ones in this thread?:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3&page=1&pp=30

[email protected] the ones onespecially page two and the ones with the blue wall

i was jsut wondering if the silverstar/vlphs51 combo would be at least this good or better, this is exactly what i was getting at, take a look at the pictures and see for yourself....

-spyder

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well , here it is easy to answer now (jason, thnx for answering ym 1st question)

well, what i meant to ask is

1. look at the 170º shot of leelo, will the silverstar look like this at this kind of angle

2. look at the 2 other shots of the ambient light and the pj. and yet again, will the ss/hs51 combo look AS GOOD AS THIS , or "better"?????

-spyder

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump, please someone just tell me if the ss/hs51 combo will be as good or better than ythose pictures above and trhen ill stop botherin you about it

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I have the 4805 and a 120" SS and that 170 degree shot is like what I can see when standing off to the side. The other shots are somewhat representative of what you will see in ambient light situations.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcool007
well , here it is easy to answer now (jason, thnx for answering ym 1st question)

well, what i meant to ask is

1. look at the 170º shot of leelo, will the silverstar look like this at this kind of angle

2. look at the 2 other shots of the ambient light and the pj. and yet again, will the ss/hs51 combo look AS GOOD AS THIS , or "better"?????

-spyder
The first and third shots....at those angles and light, the DNP would look very good. With that ambient light though, the SS would wash out some. On the middle shot, at the extreme angle, really neither would look great, but the SS would be a bit better.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kewl, but definietly, the ss would be" watchable" right? i mena, and in my real life situation, the wall would look like this, i compared a piece of 97% brightness photo paper to a piece of post it note (for reference) against the wall in which we would have the pj screen in the same everyday pool-table window-open conditions. and again, when seriously watching a movie , the only thing that MIGHT BE ON is a 40 watt table lamp ~15ft away from teh screen

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Sure would. I use a SS myself, and I can leave all lights on in my room and still watch the image. Of course the black levels are washed out somewhat, but the image is seeable.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice, that is the EXACT answer i was looking for, now, for the dnp side.......is ti worth it with my room conditions? i mean, the image would not be watchable at all witht eh indows all teh way open, now would they?

i mena, dnp is so much more, is it worth the investment?

-s[yder

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.