AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really was looking forward to a next-generation graphics SSX on the PS3 for Fall of 07. I have not been able to find any hints that this is in the works. Maybe its to early to tell? Did EA dump the SSX series for the PS3? Or is it just delayed?

· Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder if SSX Blur will have better graphics than the PS2 SSX3 and SSX on tour.

· Registered
536 Posts
SSX Blur could be the most aptly named software title ever. It would be like Microsoft releasing a version of Windows named "Crash" or "Blue Screen."

There are HD versions of SSX currently in development for the 360 and PS3 targeted for release this fall. They could (and probably will) slip, but that's when they're supposed to be released. And unlike the Wii version they will be the true successors to the series (going back to the massive 20-30 minute runs of SSX 3 from what I've heard from friends at EA) ... so far the Blur version features remixes of old SSX tracks, kind of like SSX On Tour for the PSP. It just doesn't have the horsepower to make massive detailed mountains like the PS3 and 360.

· Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nbuubu, so you know for a fact that there will be a SSX for the PS3? I don't mean to put you on the spot, I just am a huge fan of the series... Thanks!

· Registered
707 Posts
that was the launch title that hooked me on the ps2

· Registered
481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbuubu /forum/post/0

SSX Blur could be the most aptly named software title ever. It would be like Microsoft releasing a version of Windows named "Crash" or "Blue Screen."

Haha, true! I saw video from it, looked very last gen to me. SSX on the PS3 is one of my most anticipated titles. SSX 3 was just amazing, then On Tour came and added skiing and crazier jumps and rails, now the next one should blow us all away. I kinda hope they go more like SSX 3 than On Tour, On Tour was too "open world" for me. I liked unlocking the different peaks in SSX 3 and boarding from the top of peak 3 to the bottom of the city at the base. Huge run. Hope they allow custom soundtracks this time around...

· Registered
536 Posts
SSX was the only game I really played from the PS2 launch ... still stands up as one of my favorites. SSX for PS3/360 is definitely coming, but it's pretty far down the pipe from what my friend at EA tells me (and could/probably will slip).

EA is almost completely platform agnostic, though now that the Wii is out it kind of demands different versions of games with the different controls and last-gen graphics. You can't just port a game that pushes the 360 and PS3's capabilities to the Wii. So, like of the the PSP ports, I think you'll find stripped down versions of games on the Wii with the same or similar name as releases on the two main systems.

· Registered
481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbuubu /forum/post/0

SSX for PS3/360 is definitely coming, but it's pretty far down the pipe from what my friend at EA tells me (and could/probably will slip).

Tell your friend to try to convince developers to use custom soundtracks for the PS3 if he can.
The 360 has mandatory custom soundtracks but the PS3 doesn't. It allows for it, though.

· Registered
182 Posts
I'm with ya. I still play this game (I thought SSX3 was better than On Tour). It's my fix until they release the new one for PS3.

· Registered
707 Posts
any word on a new ssx for the ps3???

· Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It does not even appear in IGN extensive list of future releases.

Shuan White seems to have a snowboarding game by Ubisoft though on the list.

· Registered
707 Posts
we need a ssx game for the ps3

· Registered
1,865 Posts
I want a new ssx. This is the 1st ssx rumors I've heard. Please EA, add lan game feature. I have two copies of ssx3, but they closed the server down. I hate split screen. We used to play it non stop for hours. We all made female avatars. Good times.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.