AVS Forum banner

13721 - 13740 of 13760 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
No KSDK Signal

Anyone else having issues with getting KSDK (Channel 5) via antenna? Not getting any signal for any of the 5.X channels. Rescanned multiple TV's in the house, and then channel 5 is missing entirely. I can get it fine through YouTube TV. Getting all other channels via antenna just fine.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Anyone else having issues with getting KSDK (Channel 5) via antenna? Not getting any signal for any of the 5.X channels. Rescanned multiple TV's in the house, and then channel 5 is missing entirely. I can get it fine through YouTube TV. Getting all other channels via antenna just fine.
I am getting the signal but it is significantly degraded the last 2-3 days compared to normal. Seeing ranges of 55-70% on my HDHomeRun tuner as opposed to the usual 90-95%.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
What are the chances we see ATSC 3.0 channels this year in St. Louis? Trying to decide if I want to do the SiliconDust Kickstarter on their ATSC 3.0 box or not. My current unit is ancient and works great.

Could wait for it to be in stores, but don't want to miss out seeing the "test" broadcasts either.

Kickstarter ends in the next few days. Supposed to ship in August.

·
Registered
847 Posts
What are the chances we see ATSC 3.0 channels this year in St. Louis? Trying to decide if I want to do the SiliconDust Kickstarter on their ATSC 3.0 box or not. My current unit is ancient and works great.

Could wait for it to be in stores, but don't want to miss out seeing the "test" broadcasts either.

I too, would like to see the test broadcasts, but I fear COVID-19 can only push out the original target dates. Do you happen to have any info regarding which station might be first? Also, are the same frequencies used during these tests?

·
Registered
185 Posts
KNLC went off the air a little after 3:00 PM yesterday (3/23) due to a fiber cut. They are also off all cable/satellite providers. I don't know the ETA on a repair.
.....aaand it's still down. I'm missing my 1960s Batman!

·
Registered
185 Posts

I too, would like to see the test broadcasts, but I fear COVID-19 can only push out the original target dates. Do you happen to have any info regarding which station might be first? Also, are the same frequencies used during these tests?
I'm fighting the same internal battle.

·
Registered
185 Posts
No, it was only down for a couple days or so. I have had no issues getting KNLC steadily for the last several weeks. The signal is on the air.
For real? Guess I need more foil on my antenna.

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey guys, we did an antenna rotation on KNLC on Thursday. Those living in the St Louis metro should see an improved signal. Can you check and reply back with any comments? Also, in August or September, we will be upgrading the KNLC transmitter. That should be the last improvement that will bring KNLC up to other market signal standards. Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hey guys, we did an antenna rotation on KNLC on Thursday. Those living in the St Louis metro should see an improved signal. Can you check and reply back with any comments? Also, in August or September, we will be upgrading the KNLC transmitter. That should be the last improvement that will bring KNLC up to other market signal standards. Thanks for your feedback.
I'm in the Metro East and I was having a lot of trouble with the signal a week or so ago, but I noticed the signal seemed stronger this weekend. My TiVo shows a 72 signal strength right now, which is very good.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hi, tvmicrowave. I live in Creve Coeur with a directional UHF antenna on my roof. I can tune in OTA channels via my Dish Network receiver. While Chs. 2, 4, 5, 9, 11 & 30 consistently appear on that device with a signal strength of 100, channel 24 always came in at about a 78. However, today, I see it too comes in at a full 100. Mission accomplished!

·
Registered
2 Posts
What type of reception can I get with a Clearstream @max with a reflector added to it around the O'Fallon IL area. Has anyone used this antenna and how many channel did you get? I am planning to have put on the roof. Do I need a Pre-Amp? Currently I have a crappy indoor flat panel from one-by-one. This is when I knew nothing about OTA antennas. I have watch many videos from The Antenna Man on Youtube (Tyler Kleinle). Also Do you know of any OTA antenna installer on the East side. I heard the Dish Network can install them for a fee . Any feedback would be great to have!

·
Registered
303 Posts
What type of reception can I get with a Clearstream @max with a reflector added to it around the O'Fallon IL area. Has anyone used this antenna and how many channel did you get? I am planning to have put on the roof. Do I need a Pre-Amp? Currently I have a crappy indoor flat panel from one-by-one. This is when I knew nothing about OTA antennas. I have watch many videos from The Antenna Man on Youtube (Tyler Kleinle). Also Do you know of any OTA antenna installer on the East side. I heard the Dish Network can install them for a fee . Any feedback would be great to have!
Hubkap, I'm in Fairview Hts and I use an Antennas Direct DB8. I used to have it on my roof and received channels 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 24, 25, 30, 33, 45, 46, and 51, but because of issues with strong winds turning my antenna I moved it into my garage attack. I lost channels 33 and 45 and some other channels have slightly weaker signals but are still satisfactory. I also use a PCT-MA1015-4PN 4 port amplifier connected to the cable from my antenna that splits the signal to 4 TVs.

I hope this helps. Please post your results because I'm always looking for ways to maximize my reception.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hubkap, I'm in Fairview Hts and I use an Antennas Direct DB8. I used to have it on my roof and received channels 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 24, 25, 30, 33, 45, 46, and 51, but because of issues with strong winds turning my antenna I moved it into my garage attack. I lost channels 33 and 45 and some other channels have slightly weaker signals but are still satisfactory. I also use a PCT-MA1015-4PN 4 port amplifier connected to the cable from my antenna that splits the signal to 4 TVs.

I hope this helps. Please post your results because I'm always looking for ways to maximize my reception.
Right now with the not So great indoor antenna I get: Strong signals from channels 2, 4,5,11, 24,30 Channel 46 signal is strong someday and weaker on other days. Channel 9 surprises me, its weak for some reason. Maybe because of the position of the antenna. Channel 7 barely comes in, sometime it pixelates. I can't receive Channel 13(WPXS) 15(K15KP-D) 16(KDTL) 20(KEFN) 25([email protected]%NG_D) 33(KBGU) 42(W09DL_D) 45(WODK) 48(WLEH) and 51(KUMO-LD) Got channel listings off RabbitEars.Info. Do you now of anyone who installs OTA Antenna on the East side? I'am planning to try out my Clearstream 2Max antenna in the near future. All this right now is a test to see what channel I can get. I grew up with tv's using antenna. I got interested in this because of The Antenna Man on Youtube.

Thank you Plager8 for your information and insight.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I'm currently living in West St. Louis County (City of Manchester, MO). I will be moving to the Alton/Godfrey, IL area in December. I currently use a small indoor antenna (Mohu Leaf connected to a Tablo Duo to stream the local TV channels to my two TVs via Rokus). Looks like I'll need something bigger and better to pull in local St. Louis channels from Godfrey. If you're in the Riverbend area (Alton, Godfrey and that general surrounding area), what type of antenna are you using?

I'm thinking I'll need to install an outdoor antenna in the attic of my new place. I suspect the HOA will have an issue with a roof-mounted antenna.

Also, anyone know of any good antenna installers that serve the Alton/Godfrey area?

Thanks!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I live in St Charles, MO and use Clearstream 4Max outdoors on my house and in attic in my mother in laws house. Work great in both installations. Legally your HOA likely cannot restrict tv antenna installation unless you are moving into a historic property. See: Installing Consumer-Owned Antennas and Satellite Dishes.

13721 - 13740 of 13760 Posts