AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any good places in St.louis to view or rent Ht projectors.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,965 Posts
You might try Ultimate Electronics to view a few different consumer models. Don't know about costs, but Swank rents all sorts of AV gear. You might also try VMI company or Modern Communications, but these places cater more to the presentation crowd, instead of home theater.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
I was just at the Sound Room in Creve Coeur's grand opening, and they have the Runco VX1000C setup for demo.

Bryan

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info

I was at the soundroom in chesterfield and they only had Sharp 9000,It was pretty impressive and I could not see any of the infamous rainbows.

·
Registered
657 Posts
At the Creve Couer location of the Sound Room we have a Runco VX-1000C on a 106" GrayHawk fixed screen and a Sharp 9000 on a retractable 100" Studiotek 130.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Fitz,

There are lots of good places: enthusiasts' homes where projectors are used every day. Ask on the forum for the kind of pj you want to see and someone will invite you over. Art

·
Registered
319 Posts

Originally posted by mer8

also try sound central they have a marantz 12S1 for demo.

Sound Central is a very well respected dealer in the industry. The owners Jan and Tony Leone are first class people. I had the pleasure of having dinner with them once and keep in touch with them on a regular basis.

Tell them Anthony from Definitive Sound in Canada said hi when you speak to them!

Anthony

·
Registered
381 Posts
Fitz:

DLPs are plentiful to demo in St. Louis.

Hi-Fi-Fo-Fum has a Sharp, The Sound Room in Creve Couer just opened and has a very impressive showroom with both a Runco and Sharp on display. Best Sound on Lindbergh has two projectors on display as well.

Also, Ultimate Electronics has both the Sharp 9000 and the Sony 11HT LCD on display.

If you are interested in looking at a D-ila, I am unaware of any dealer with one on display in St. Louis. Art makes a good suggestion, looking at one installed in a real world environment may be helpful. You are welcome to look at my D-ila if you like.

(I'm always trying to drag people over to show off.:))

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Art

Good ideal.

AnthonyLobo

I never heard of them but I will look it up,Thanks

rschneider

Thanks for the info and invite.

It sounds like you have seen them all, I have seen the Sharp and Sony at Ultimate Electronics, The sharp was far better IMHO.

·
Registered
303 Posts
rschneider,

I live in O'Fallon, MO and have been very interested in D-ILA but have not had the pleasure of viewing one. If you aver have the time I would feel honored to see your set-up!

I am getting ready to build a new house in Lake St. Louis and will be putting in a HT with front projection.

Please give me a call @ 636-262-0375 or E-mail me @ [email protected]

Thanks,

Mark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.