AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I posted in April thread that 26-1 is up and running. So far it looks good, a few break up's, but I figure that is because of the storms this morning. I have good signal reception running about 75 on average DST 3000. I live about 62miles east of St.Louis. I'm happy to finally see it up running. I still do not have any channel info.

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I select Ch26 on my Samsung SRT-151 it comes up as 26-0 and I get a banner that says “No Signalâ€. But when I go into the menu and check signal strength I get an indication of a signal almost as strong as any station that I do get. Does this mean that there is RF but nothing encoded on it? I tried Ch25 and 27 to see if this was a fluke of the receiver. Neither of these channels showed any signal strength. A channel scan does not come up with either 26-0 nor 26-1

Bill

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello everyone! I have read the forum fairly regularly over the last 4-5 months and have finally officially registered. I am glad that there is a growing number of HD enthusiasts in the St. Louis area.

I live in University City and (in case I can be of service to anyone) have a 40XBR800 and a Sony HD200.

I have been away for awhile and was very excited to read that KPLR was finally going digital. I apologize if this is old news but I've been a bit out of the loop.

I DEFINITELY vote for 4x3 sports.

I am correct that KPLR is on 26-X? Sorry if this has already been covered.

Glad to be a part of this forum. If anyone has any questions about my equipment or local reception feel free to ask!

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
26.1's coming in fine and dandy 4x3 on my Sony 100. Any word on whether they'll switch to 16x9 HD for Smallville and Everwood, which the WB transmits in true HD?

·
Registered
22 Posts
KPLR-DT Channel 11.......

Is coming in fine in Cuba, Mo. (some 70-miles distant) Receiving only 26-2 in 4:3 with gray sidebars. PSIP not tied to channel 11 yet. It is transmitting in 480i.

Jim Jackson

Cuba, Mo

Panasonic DST52 Receiver.

·
Registered
272 Posts
26-1 comes in great on the this side of the river as well using a zenith 420. Is it just me or do they have their audio jacked up? Also, it seems to have little or no bass to it as compared to other channels.

While I am typing, does anyone have a reson that KMOV has so many logo "backgrounds" when they do high def? There is the eye, next to the eye there is a channel 4 HT logo and then in the top right there is the same logo only with high def spelled out, I mean come on we know it's high def :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
I just scanned channels with a Samsung and a Hughes. Are they just testing at different times or is it a constant transmission?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
any ballgames going to be on kplr in hd. This would be a plus for this new digital station.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Ok - heres a good one for you. Dish 6000 sees KPLR at 93% in a manual add. Add it, and it doesn't show up. Do a scan for all channels - finds 7 (Fox, CBS, NBC, PBS, ABC, UPN, and KPLR) but only adds 6 (doesn't add KPLR).

Very strange... so needless to say I haven't been able to see KPLR yet.

Chris

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I just tried to KPLR on my E86. Signal strength on 26 is a rock solid 100 percent. The E86 has mapped it to 11-0, but all I get is a black screen and no sound. I rescanned for local channels and got the same results.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm getting no dropouts with KPLR. Also, it is now showing up at 11.0. I'm receiving it with my mits tuner and with my panny stb.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
26.1 just remapped to 11.- My reciever isn't remapping it properly. Is anyone having this problem. I can see anything.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There seems to be a number of us now, using several different receivers, who are getting plenty of signal strength but no picture. It also appears that KPLR is also being reported on as 26-1 by some and 26-2 by others. Could KPLR be missing some identification data in their transmission that some receivers need to lock on?

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.