AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found time to do this. Sony 1271's, one on the ceiling, one on the floor. The setup: 2 low hour sony 1271's, Sony 1271 switcher, Dish Network model 6000-8VSB-8PSK, DaLite 120" Permwall damat finish. The projectors are hooked together like this. PJ 1 is on the celing connected to thye PC 1271 switcher via 14 pin cable. PJ 2 is on the floor hooked to the PC 1271 via RGB out to the IFB 11 input board. The overall impression I got after setting these up is brighter sharper image. It took about an hour to get the images close. Needs a little more work. What I would like to try next is running three projectors somehow each pj having all three tubes the same. One pj for each color. Maybe in my next life right? I can do three pj's in this setup if I can figure out how to feed the third. Guess I can add another swithcer for another RGB out or 14 pin out. Anyway enjoy the screen shots. I forgot to add the digital pics were taken with a Sony MVC- FD73 Mavica camera.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another shot

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another shot

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another shot. I will try to get some better shots when better sources are on. Like Truk Lagoon.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One more

·
Registered
852 Posts
I would love to see a pic of the actual setup with the two pj's. I have a 1272 sitting in my garage that i am tempted to hall upstairs to see what a double stack would look like.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fernando, The setup is quite simple. The ceiling mounted pj is my permanent projector and the one on the floor is simply an extra one on a board with casters setting directly beneath the ceiling mounted one. See the pic here of "The Stack" and in the next post see "The Rack"

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The rack

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Art, You know where the weakness is! The right side of the screen is not dead on. Off by maybe a centimeter in some zone points.

·
Registered
90 Posts
As Judge I hearby order that Matrix be taken from this place and hung by the neck untill dead...

This is a public service - carried out by all us mere mortals who only have access to only 1 projector...

I hate you... I hate you... :mad:

Home Cinima is on its way Out - Home Bingo is on the way In. :D

How about a better use for more than 1 projector... ;)

How about a Home Multiplex ? - 2 Screens - No waiting. :p

·
Registered
90 Posts
New Idea - Put polerizing film on the top PJ - Horizontal, and on the Bottom - Vertical, put the same film into some glasses - One lens Vertical & One Horizontal, then play 2 Images - A Possible 3D setup with the right source material ????

·
Registered
451 Posts
2 projectors=more brightness. Helpful when you have really big screens.

-Audiophil

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.