AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a satellite receiver stacked on top of an amplifier. Both devices get really hot, I'm more concerned about the receiver getting damaged.

Do they sell anything that would allow me to put on top of the amplifier so there is space and airflow between the devices?

I have a small TV stand and not really interested in investing in fans as suggested in some threads, is there something simple and cheap that would do the job?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
93,361 Posts
Although you can certainly make or purchase spacers, investing in fans (which could be plugged into your AVR's switched outlets to come on when the AVR comes on) would be both inexpensive ($10-$15) and more beneficial in the long run especially as you say, both components run hot. Either that or simply relocate one of them or replace it with a component that doesn't run so hot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spacers sound like a good idea.

The one linked seems to be for inside electronics components, is there something more sturdy to put on top on a device? I can't find anything on amazon etc. Maybe they have a special name? I also tried "feet".

Wooden blocks was suggested, is that safe though?

I don't have the space for fans and also considering the noise.

I think if both devices have enough space between them I should be okay.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I took four PVC pipe reduction fittings and slipped them over the "feet" of the upper device. Spray painted flat black and with felt pads glued to the bottom they look like they belong there, and nobody has ever noticed them unless I pointed them out. Look for something like this for a couple of bucks at your hardware store, with one end just slightly larger than the feet of the device you want to elevate:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts