AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a recommended way (or is it even desirable) to attach the stage and rear platform to either the adjacent walls or floor?

For the stage, Ted White recommends using adhesive to attach to the floor. If you look at Cain's construction photo's, both the stage and riser are sitting on roofing felt. This would seem to rule out adhesive in Cain's case.

My stage will be surrounded by the 3 walls and filled with sand so I don't think it will be moving much.

My seating platform will sit against only two walls so it could move fairly easily. I am thinking about a few screws into the walls to hold it in place.

Any recommendations???

Thanks,

Wavy

·
Registered
78 Posts
I did the same thing. The stage is filled with sand and surrounded by three walls. It's as solid as could be.

I attached the rear platform to the walls it came in contact with and put in a few Taps-Cons to anchor the remaining side down into the concrete. Your post didn't say but I'm assuming if your floor can take the weight of the sand your putting yours over concrrete as well. The felt is a good idea to eliminate any vibrations. I'd also suggest you go with pressure treated wood if you haven't thought of that yet.

Good Luck

·
Registered
194 Posts
You do not want to mount the platform to any of the walls. IF you use some form of bass shaker, the energy from the shaker will pass through the walls to other areas of the house. Leave about a quarter inch gap between platform and walls. Anchor platform to floor. Most platforms filled with sand will be so heavy that they will not move.

FASTLS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.